I Am Downsizing by Half What Can I Expect? How Will They Look/feel? 240cc to 120cc (photo)

I started off with a small b cup. i got 240cc unders. I am now wearing c/d cup bras. too big for me. so i am downsizing to 120cc. here are the details: 240cc low pro = 11.7 diameter, 3.2 projection 120cc low pro = 9.4 diameter, 2.5 projection Do you think it will get me to my goal size of med/big b? I dont want any upper pole fullness. How will it feel? The doc is also going to make my nipples smaller! :) What do i need to expect? how is the recovery? another areola incision, will it be bad?

Downsizing

+2

Hello Laura,

Your goal pictures indicate a soft, nearly empty upper pole.  Knowing the dimension of your current and future implants, I would think that the surgeon will just need to remove and replace them, and not need to adjust the implant pocket in either direction - either opening or closing.  If this is the case, your surgery will not require much of a recovery at all, i.e. there should be no need for narcotics or muscle relaxers, and you will be able to move your upper extremities ad lib. (BTW, this should be the case for primary breast augmentation too).

Downsizing

+1

You current look is really great. If the size is bothering you downsizing to smaller implants through the same incision is a good choice. I would not add any additional scars for reducing the areola. They will shrink on their own

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Downsizing implants

+1

Perfectly fine to do. Your result will be a good one.  By the way, didn't you write in last week?  Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast lift and smaller implants

+1

A smaller implant may get you to where you want. A circumareola approach can be done at the same time since you already have the incisions.

I Am Downsizing by Half What Can I Expect?

+1

Very hard to answer without an exam, but the photos definitely help. If you have saline implants, the surgeon can use a needle inserted into the implant and remove saline until they are the size you like. Of course within a day or two they will be flat after that so you don't want to do that until you are ready for surgery. But it sounds like the plan you have should get you to your goal.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Downsizing of your implants

+1

it is obviously impossible to give you a full answer without seeing you in consultation. Exchanging your implant to a size that is half of what you have now will certainly make you smaller and I think a small B is probably right. You obviously has a peri-areolar lift during your previous surgery and my concern is that your areolas stretched. It is important that whoever does your revision surgery uses the appropriate technique to stop the areolas from re-stretching. I use a interlocking goretex suture and this does a really nice job in preventing significant areola stretch. You will also likely need some sort of "re-lift" when decreasing your implant size.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Breast Implant Revision

+1

A 120cc implant is fairly small.  If you were a small B pre-op, then adding 120cc should increase your cup size to a medium B or B+.  There should be minimal discomfort after the implant exchange surgery.  Making your areola smaller should improve your overall balance as your volume will be less.  The scars should heal as well as your post op photo illustrates.

Lawrence Enisman, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

240 Cc to 120 cc implant exchange

+1

Your current result looks great. Changing from 240 cc implant to 120cc will reduce your breast size to half. However, you will always have some upper pole fullness with implant due  the round shape of the implant unless you change to a tear drop shape implant. Studies have shown the more revision surgeries performed for breast augmentation the higher the risks for capsular contracture and other complications. Unless you are very unhappy with your current size, I do not recommend another surgery which may not give you your ideal result. 

Mytien Goldberg, MD

+1

Your size should be about half way between what you are now and what you were before surgery. I would not want to speculate on cup size, nor on upper pole fullness. The implants will be centered on the nipples and areolas, and will provide enlargement over the range of the implants diameter and then some. \

The recovery should be easier than for the first surgery, since the pocket is already made, and that is what is most uncomfortable. The areolar incision will be essentially a new incision, and should heal as nicely as the first one did. 

All the best.