Im Downsizing! What Size Implants Should I Get? (photo)

So, I started off w/ a small B cup. I got 240cc silicone unders and now I am a very unhappy large C/D cup, pls see my profile. my nipples got bigger than they ever were :( I wanted to have them taken out but im scared they wont look good. I was thinking 120cc's. But Will that be enough of a decrease? I do not want to have any upper pole volume (pls see pics). what can I expect from a downsize? Also, can someone pls explain to me how 240cc got me to a Dcup in MOST BRAS!???? THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

Downsizing combined with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

+4

Since you started out a small B you can return to that size by removing the implants.  There is a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift, which is done through a circumareola incision.  Your implants can be removed, the breast tissue reshaped to increase upper pole fullness, repositioned higher and more medial to increase cleavage and areola size reduced.  Using The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift, it is possible to position your breasts where you want them and increase the upper pole fullness and cleavae to the amount you desire.  At size 32 or 34 each 100 cc of implants corresponds to 1 cup size change.  That is why you went up 2 1/2 cup sizes when you had 240 cc implants placed.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Downsizing

+3

Your situation is unusual.   I think you might be a candidate for fat grafting to your breasts and implant removal.  The size will be very reasonable and you seem like someone who would appreciate the "naturalness" of fat.  Just a thought.  Otherwise, the smallest, lowest projecting implant that fits the dimensions you wish to augment will lead you to your size answer.  The 120cc size may be correct.  Then again, if 240cc increased you two cup sizes, you may end up a small C even with 120cc implants.    Tricky.  Good luck. 

David Marcus, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Im Downsizing! What Size Implants Should I Get?

+2

I find the posted result very good. You should have understood the size expectation. Yes down size to 150 to 170 cc OK. Or maybe removal and fat grafting another thought. 

+2

Your breasts look fantastic in the front view you submitted, much much better than your before.  Your surgeon improved both sensuality of your breasts by rounding off your pre-surgical elliptical breasts, creating a much more attractive, sexy, robust shape, and he/she improved the size of your breasts to be more proportional with your body.  The cachectic and cadaveric woman with the "size you want" looks like a corpse, and her breasts are also proportionate with her starvation habitus.  My recommendation:  enjoy the body of the beautiful woman staring back at you in the mirror, leave your breasts as they are, and thank your surgeon for a job well done.

Steve Laverson, MD

Downsizing Your Cup Size

+1

Dear Laura,

In order to decrease your cup size, you must lower the implant volume by 100 cc. You  appear to have some excess lower breast skin. If you plan to reduce your cup size this will most likely increase this. Therefore, If you want to reduce your cup size and reduce the size of your areolae you should be prepared for a smaller breast implant and a mastopexy. Best of luck.

Richard Wellington Swift, MD

Changing implant "size"

+1

I would agree with comments and point out that you cannot be made to look like someone else but if you had had a lift alone and not an augmentation your breasts would have looked more like the goal photo including the smaller nipple-areola and lack of upper pole filling. I would therefore consider an implant removal and mastopexy. 

In terms of downsizing implants from existing ones that are properly positioned, you can decrease the forward projection to the lowest projection implant available but you can't decrease the width of the implant significantly without a major procedure. It's like fitting too small a figure into too large a dress or too small a foot into too big a shoe. I don't go by the number of cc's of an implant. I would look up the width of your existing implant and find one of the same or nearly the same width in a lower profile. That implant will fit and look right but would be about a half cup smaller (from a typical middle profile implant to the lowest profile implant). 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

+1

I actually think you have a really nice result as is.  However, it is certainly possible to exchange for smaller implants.  240 cc implants are actually considered pretty small, but if you want to switch them for smaller ones, it's your choice, and not stall unreasonable.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Goal implants downsize

+1

A 250 cc implant should not have made you a "D" cup, but again each bra compnny is different.  Dropping to 120-150 may knock you down a cup size.

What Size Implants Should I Get for downsizing?

+1

Thanks for the question. Without proper clinical examination I can suggest that if you go for 150 under the muscle you may reach close to your goel. you should notice in your goes image that she has some degree of sagging and so will you be after down sizing. Choice is yours.  To many patients and to many doctors including me your boobs are prefect the way they are.Wish you good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Im Downsizing! What Size Implants Should I Get

+1

First of all, I must say that you have had a nice result to my eyes. The size looks balanced, the contours are good. As to the goal photo, your breast are not that much larger in overall volume. 

If you do choose to downsize, as a general rule anything less than 50 cc will be difficult to notice. so 180 cc seems like a possibility. Looking at the current implant size and proposed smaller ones may be helpful. Downsizing is the most difficult decision in implant sizing.

Thanks and best wishes.