Ulthera and People with Muscle Athrophy?

I got a lot of laser that caused my muscle to be a bit more atrophy and wasting. Does ultherapy work on muscle layer? Can it help with people with muscle atrophy ? Sorry for quite a lot of questions so far. I'll have an ulthera next week but wonder about this.

Ulthera and muscle atrophy...

+2

Ulthera shouldn't cause any muscle atrophy, since the focused ultrasound produces such a discrete injury at 0.5 mm and 0.9 mm in size.  The muscle layers are not targeted, so I find very little risk of this.  I hope this helps!

How does Ulthera work?

+2

Ulthera works by stimulating fibroblasts produce collagen. There is no evidence that Ulthera will stimulate new muscle growth.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy helps lift sagging faces but it doesn't help build up muscle

+1

I'm not sure what laser can cause muscle atrophy, but in answer to your question, Ultherapy ultrasound skin tightening and lifting won't cause atrophy or enlargement of muscle.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Ultherapy and Facial wasting

+1

What one typically experience with normal aging process is lipoatrophy and muscle laxity and not necessarily muscle atrophy. The best set of treatments to consider would be Ultherapy first to bring out tightening of the skin of the face and neck, reversal of muscle laxity followed by a series of Sculptra injection by a trained and experienced board-certified core aesthetic physician to less the appearance of lipoatrophy by replenishing much needed facial volume along upper half of the face. 

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon