Trauma On My Right Breast? (photo)

I have my silicon gel implants natrelle since almost 1yr ago. I am a dancer and at my club, a stupid customer did squeeze my breast like a mammogram... I started to feel the pain the next day. I have seen my Dr, he said to wait and see but I went to do an MRI lol n they didnt find anything wrong. No rupture. I am sick, worry and sad. What do you think it is?

The likelihood of damage to breast implant because of a rude customer at an adult club is remote.

+2

Breast implants are very resistant to failure from pressure. Mammograms an aggressive male customers do not cause implant failure. I don't believe I would waste any money on MRI scan.

Breast trauma

+2

Breast implants are pretty tough and will withstand a lot of pressure.  It sounds like you may have had more trauma to your own breast tissue than to the implants since the MRI showed no rupture.  My suggestion would be to use warm compresses and analgesics for a few days and see if it doesn't get better on its own.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Trauma to right breast

+2

I fyou were examined, and had an MRI and there was not problem, then you are sore probably from the trauma.  It wil most likely get better with time.

Trauma On My Right Breast?

+2

A few thoughts. You had your surgeon examine you, you had an MRI and both found nothing! Maybe you should just allow a month of healing. Also best to NOT allow aggressive manipulation. BTW I see no issue in your posted photos. So go dance but NO touchy

Implant rupture versus capsule rupture vs swelling

+2

Thank you for the question and the photos.  Change in breast shape after being squeezed only has a handful of potential causes including: 1) implant rupture 2) capsule rupture/pocket change 3) seroma/hematoma 4) swelling.  Since the MRI shows the implant being intact and not ruptured and you do not have any bruising it is most likely swelling.  The mri would also have shown asymmetric fluid collection if a seroma was present.  I suspect the breast shape will return to normal with time once the swelling return to normal.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Concerns after Trauma to Breast?

+2

I'm sorry to hear about the trauma you experienced. If you have noticed a change in position of the breast implant, it is possible that the breast implant has been displaced outside of the surrounding breast implant capsule. Otherwise breast asymmetry may be related to swelling of the involved breast.

I think that your plastic surgeon has given you good advice;  time will tell if there is significant displacement/breast asymmetry and whether you will benefit from revisionary breast surgery.

Trauma On My Right Breast

+2

The MRI would have picked up an implant rupture or a collection of blood (hematoma) or fluid (seroma).  That leaves swelling from the trauma as the likeliest, and I would expect that to resolve over the course of a couple of weeks. All the best.