Best procedure for me? LBL or Fleur de Lis (T-Incision)? (Photo)

I have lost 100lbs by changing my eating habits and exercising. Like many, I have excess skin left. I had a full TT in 2009 but it didn't address the excess skin in my upper abdomen. I have lost more weight after my TT. This time around I want to make the best decision to address my excess skin in my stomach, upper and lower.

Abdominoplasty

+1
I generally do not like a fleur de lis abdominoplasty unless it is absolutely necessary -which I do not think applies in your case.  The vertical scar is ugly and the risks are much higher.  Most of your excess is vertical.  Unless the skin folds on itself horizontally in the center than I would not advise.  An extended abdominoplasty should address your goals nicely.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Best procedure for me? LBL or Fleur de Lis (T-Incision)?

+1
The vertical scar addition is probably reasonable in your case.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of body contouring procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

+1
I would suggest an Inverted-T Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty). The Inverted-T Abdominoplasty involves an incision that goes from your sternum to the pubic region and then follows to the tummy tuck incision. Based on your photos and history, I believe that this would be the best surgery for you. You can see that when you lean forward that most of your excess skin and fat is in the central portion of your abdomen, specifically from the sternum to the belly button. I would not suggest a lower body lift, also known as a 360 body lift, because you did not mention that your  hips or buttocks bothered you. If your hips and buttocks do bother you, then I would then suggest the 360 or lower body lift at the same time; I would make an incision from the pubic region to the sternum to remove excess skin and fat. Good luck on your weight-loss journey! 

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

+1

In your case over the internet is NOT the forum to decide upon which surgery to opt for. ONLY IN PERSON examinations allow a better determination. I might lean tower the "fleur..." but not sure...

Fleur de Lis

+1
First of all, I have to congratulate you for the big effort of loosing all that weight.
After weight loss flaccid skin not only develops vertical but also horizontal, so, based on your photos I completely would recommend to do a Fleur de Lis in order to resect the vertical skin because the LBL will not accomplish the vertical saggy skin.
I really consider you have a very nice body shape and your foundation will create a very beautiful result.
Dr. Cardenas

Laura Carmina Cardenas, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon