Post Liposuction

7th week post liposuction for my male boobs, upper & lower abs, love handles, upper & lower back. Been wearing body compression garment, all bruises are gone, no pain except when I go for running. I started going to the gym for a fast walk and slight spinning from the 5th week. I am watching my diet and lifestyle, however I would like to know what should I do to maximize skin tightness and the loss of the water? And if I require it, what type of lymphatic drainage do I need to do?

LYMPHATIC drainage

+2

Lymphatic drainage takes care of itself as the little lymphatic heal.  There is zero way to speed this.  Full lymphatic recover and total absence of swelling may take a year and you can hurt it with salt temporary but there is no proven way to hasten it.  By 6 months you should be 90 % there.   The best plan is to find the volume and weight of the fat removed.  When  you step on the scale at 2 months you must REFLECT this removed weight.  Then your next task is to MATCH that weight loss by hard work.    Reflect and Match.  My patients hear this again and again.   So the next step is tough and that depends upon your desire for a six pack and muscle definition.  If you desire this you must get your body fat under 10% and there are rare exceptions to this.   If you get under 10% body fat and have a near six pack and other muscle definition, it is possible to do liposculpture high definition sculpting for the final result.  This is best accomplished by using the Vaser System and I believe this is the only system that works in this effort.  My Best,  Dr C

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Healthy lifestyle

+1

Honestly, that's the best thing you can do to help yourself. Have a littel aptience- this wonderful body of yours has been through some trauma, and it just needs some healing time. Hope all goes well for you.

Mark Edinburg, MBBCH, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Healing after liposuction

+1

Unfortunately, there is not much you can do to speed the healing process.  The lymphatic channels will re-establish themselves over time and it can take up to and sometimes beyond 6 months for all swelling to subside.  In the meantime, you can ensure you do not slow down the healing process by keeping a healthy lifestyle.

Naveen Setty, MD

Post Liposuction

+1

The lymphovascular system reestablishes equilibrium over about 6 months to a year.  There is not a great deal you can do to speed this up.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction and healing

+1

It usually takes at least six months for the areas treated to be healed adequately and for the swelling to subside. In some individuals it may last longer.