KTP Laser Best Treatment for Spider Veins on Face?

I am considering having KTP laser treatment to remove--or improve the appearance of--spider veins on and around my nose. I am a 28-year-old male with reasonably fair skin. Most of my spider veins are very thin. From what I have read, I believe that the KTP laser is probably my best bet. How efficacious is it? Can I expect total clearance?

KTP for small veins on nose...

The KTP laser is a great option for little veins and diffuse redness on face and around your nose.  I never tell patients that they should expect 100% resolution with one treatment.  It is fair to say that with 1 to 4 treatments, usually 3 to 4 weeks apart you can achieve optimal results.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens       

4644 Lincoln Blvd
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292

KTP laser is a good choice for facial telangiectasias

The pulse dye 532 nm KTP laser is a good choice for facial telangiectasias. Remember that these are stubborn veins to treat and more than one session may well be necessary. 

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

5225 Sheridan Drive
Williamsville, NY 14221

KTP Is A Good Laser for Spider Veins

The KTP is a very good laser to treat telangiectasias of the face. Some physicians prefer the pulsed dye laser such as the V-Beam but both lasers should clear those troublesome blood vessels. It may take a second treatment though. 

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

5320 Providence Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23464