KTP Laser Best Treatment for Spider Veins on Face?

I am considering having KTP laser treatment to remove--or improve the appearance of--spider veins on and around my nose. I am a 28-year-old male with reasonably fair skin. Most of my spider veins are very thin. From what I have read, I believe that the KTP laser is probably my best bet. How efficacious is it? Can I expect total clearance?

KTP for small veins on nose...

+2

The KTP laser is a great option for little veins and diffuse redness on face and around your nose.  I never tell patients that they should expect 100% resolution with one treatment.  It is fair to say that with 1 to 4 treatments, usually 3 to 4 weeks apart you can achieve optimal results.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens       

KTP Is A Good Laser for Spider Veins

+1

The KTP is a very good laser to treat telangiectasias of the face. Some physicians prefer the pulsed dye laser such as the V-Beam but both lasers should clear those troublesome blood vessels. It may take a second treatment though. 

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist