I have knots in my vein above where I had treatment. It aches and throbs alot?

Vein treatment was 2weeks ago. On back of leg behind my knee on right leg

Normal

+1

Sclerotherapy involves the injection of veins with a solution that pushes the blood out of the veins and irritates the vein walls to stick together so that they will dissolve. The smaller veins will dissolve but, sometimes, the larger veins will clot resulting in the hard areas that you feel. This does happen commonly following sclerotherapy and can be treated with warm compresses and NSAIDs. If you are having a lot of discomfort from this then you should return to your treating physician who can then under local anesthesia make a small opening with a needle to drain the area. This is called evacuation and works very well and immediately.

Naples General Surgeon