I Have a Knot on my Left Cheek Bone Due to Being Punched is This Normal?

I was punched on my high cheek bone about 3 weeks ago and my eye was swollen which turned black and blue..The swelling is gone and the black and blue is diminishing but I still have this knot on my cheek bone.

+1

There is nothing unusual about having a hard "knot" after severe soft tissue injury like a punch. However, the more concerning issue is the possibility of an associated maxillofacial fracture. A Facial Plastic Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon will be able to assess whether you have any associated facial fractures. It's better to find out sooner than later as missed facial fractures can result in long-standing cosmetic or functional issues. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/facial-trauma/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek Knot

+1

Your left cheek "knot" probably resulted from internal bleeding into your surrounding soft tissues leaving you with local induration.  You also may have a facial fracture(s).  Consult an experienced Facial Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeon immediately for full evaluation.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek

+1

Avoid being punched by any means.

The knot you have after being punched on the cheeck with resulting black and blue eyes indicate that you mat have a hematoma (collection of blood). You need to see a plastic surgeon, and need to evaluate the integrety of the cheek bon and eye.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.