Have a knot above my belly button, What could it be? Should I be concerned? (photo)

It only gave me a really bad pain one time, it hurts a little when I put pressure on it to try an feel it I don't know if I pulled a muscle or if it's something more To be concerned about? Thank you for your help.

Baltimore tummy tuck and contour problems

+1

It's hard to give you an exact answer without seeing you, but if you're concerned I would recommend going in to see your plastic surgeon soon.

+1

Most likely related to the belly button ring, a epidermal cyst maybe? To me an epigastric hernia is a differential but I think I'm staying with a relation to the ring. Best to see a PS for examination in person.//

Epigastric hernia

+1

Thank you for your question and picture. What you're describing may be an incarcerated epigastric hernia. If so, this needs to be urgently attended to. Please see your primary care doctor or general surgeon as soon as possible if it's truly painful and "stuck".

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Have a knot above my belly button, What could it be? Should I be concerned?

+1

You need to be examined to determine the likely cause of this knot.

Have you had surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and photo. Have you had surgery? If you have not you will want to have your primary care doctor take a look at you and perhaps get a CT scan. The most common diagnosis is likely a per-umbilical (around the belly button) hernia.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD