What Could This Knot in my Breast Be?

I am currently 10 days post op bilateral BA. On day 8 my PA had me switch to underwire for days and start massage 3 times a day. By the end of day had this knot develop at top of R breast (painful if pressed on). Iced it as directed it but has not gone away now for 2 days. No bruising or swelling. What could this be? Help!

See your surgeon

+1
Please see your surgeon for a physical assessment of this, as it's difficult to correctly determine what it is without seeing it. Best of luck.

"Knot" After Breast Augmentation?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the concern you have after your breast augmentation surgery. Unfortunately, without direct examination it is not possible to give you precise advice. I would suggest that you follow up with your plastic surgeon for this purpose.

Likely implant knuckle

+1

You may have a knuckle in your implant which will feel like a buble when you push on it.  It can be tender as well.  The knuckle forms from a partial fold in the implant shell.  It may move in position as the implant shifts in the pocket.  If this is the case, then it is likely a knuckle.  However, you should see your surgeon to have this evaluated to make sure it is not something else.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Lump In Breast After Augmentation

+1

Hello. With limited information it is difficult to diagnose a problem such as yours. While the lump may be a normal reaction to surgery, you should consult your surgeon to ensure your health.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD