Knocked Nose 4 Days Post-rhinoplasty, Will It Heal Crooked?

I am four days out from a closed rhinoplasty involving septum repair and having the nasal bones broken and reset. This morning and I was brushing my teeth, I bumped my nose a little to the side. It wasn't a very hard bump, and it moved right back in place, but the casts has become a little loose since the swelling went down and I am very concerned that I may have moved the bones out of place. It doesn't hurt, although there is a slight feeling of pressure. Did I ruin my nose?

+1

I would follow with your surgeon for an exam at this stage to address your concerns. 

Knocked nose 4 days after rhinoplasty?

+1

It is not likely you caused an issue that will affect your end result, but it would be best to follow up with your surgeon so he or she may examine your nose and ensure you are continuing to heal properly. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinopalsty and recent slight bump

+1

It is unlikely with a splint on and slightly bumping the nose that you caused any harm. If concerned, best to ask your surgeon.

Knocked Nose 4 Days Post Rhinoplasty

+1

It is best to follow up with your Plastic Surgeon as soon as possible.  An exam is needed to see if any damage has been done.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD