Knocked my Nose 4 Weeks After Septoplasty, Will I Be Ok?

Last night, during my sleep my nose must have been ichy therefore my human instinct would have been to grab it, which is what I must have done, there was a sharp pain (the type from pressing/rubbing the swelling) however due to being exhausted I instantly feel back asleep, in the morning, my right side seems blocked again however no blood and my nose looks the same, is the blockage probably just some more swelling? I am 4 weeks post op now

Nasal trauma after septoplasty

+2

It's unlikely you did any lasting harm with the amount of manipulation you describe.  The septum is relatively safe from external manipulation.  Give yourself peace of mind and follow up with your surgeon.  

Hitting your nose after septoplasty

+2

Dear septoman,

• It usually is no big deal, maybe a tiny bruise inside the nose
  • Be safe rather than sorry and see your surgeon

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Septoplasty Recovery

+2

Dear Septoman, I would go in and see your surgeon for a follow up appointment. From the details listed above it sounds like you should be fine. However, it is always best when there is trauma of any sort to see your surgeon to help give you peace of mind. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD