Knocked my Nose 1 Week After Rhinoplasty Op?

It's been 1 week since my op and i still have the splint on. My mum knocked my nose by accident yesterday (from the tip up) it was quite hard. My eyes watered but it didn't bleed. Today my nose has been hurting. It's an aching feeling at the top of my nose between my eyes. Is this pain the result of swelling or have I damaged my nose? I'm so worried.

Rhinoplasty surgery recovery

+1

Dear Kristyc,

• It is unlikely that you did any permanent damage
  • Just let your surgeon know about the incident so he can check you out

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

One week post rhinoplasty

+1

At one week post-rhinoplasty it is likely that you are okay from a minor brush. If you are concerned, I would see your plastic surgeon.

Post rhinoplasty trauma

+1

It is not uncommon for patients to get minor trauma to their nose after rhinoplasty.  Usually, the external nasal splint is protective and no negative sequelae results from the trauma.  The pain associated with the trauma is normal, as the nerve endings in your nose are very sensitive immediately after surgery.  In any case, there is nothing that should be done acutely unless the nose shows significant deviation after the splint is removed.

Jonathan Sykes, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Postop Nasal Trauma...

+1

You have nothing to worry about!  Your splint is still protecting you (as well as preventing excessive swelling) but even if it weren't your nasal bones have already started to heal.  It would require quite a heavy blow to displace your nose and ruin your result.  The pain is normal and will subside shortly.

Eric Sadeh, MD