Knocked off After Juvederm?

I recently had juvederm injected in my nose (around 48 hours ago) and my partner accidentally knocked my nose during sleep. I felt a bit pain but I couldnt tell if the product has moved or not? Do I need to be concerned?

Juvederm and facial trauma

+1

It is unlikelt that the Juvederm product injected in your nose would have shifted with blunt injury but if you think so, return to the physician/provider who did the injection for an evaluation.

Buffalo General Surgeon

Juvederm in your nose

+1

If you like the result of your Juvederm treatment, no further treatment is necessary.  If you think the Juvederm has shifted, please return to your injector for assessment.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Filler in Nose Moving after Trauma?

+1

Could filler be moved in the nose after trauma?  It is possible.  If the nose looks the same, there is likely little about which to worry.

Juvederm being knocked after injection

+1

Juvederm is fairly malleable in the first few days after injection. Most likely you would be able to see a difference immediately if your Juvederm was moved around. I highly doubt you have anything to worry about though. Of course, if you do notice an issue, I would recommend returning to your injector for further assessment. They can likely remove some of the Juvederm and/or re-inject wherever necessary.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm in nose

+1

By 48 hours it is unlikely that a light blow to the nose caused any damage to the filler that was placed.  If concerned then you should see your doctor.

Bumped in face after Juvederm

+1

I wouldn't be concerned. The product should be pretty stable at this point and while I don't recommend pressing on the area and trying to move it around, a bump or thump or whatnot shouldn't do anything.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Bumped in nose after Juvederm, Do I need to be concerned?

+1

I would not worry about being bumped in the nose. After 48 hours Juvederm should be pretty stable. So unless you see something out of place don't be too concerned.

Sam Naficy, MD

Knocked on nose after Juvederm

+1

I would not be concerned about getting accidentally hit to the nose during sleep after having had Juvederm to your nose 48 hours ago.  The incident should not cause your Juvederm to move.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon