Liposuction for the Knees

I am 47 years old, and the shortest shorts or skirts I wear are just above the knee. My knees are chubby, and I wonder if liposuction could improve their appearance? Is knee liposuction safe, and does it offer good results?

Liposuction does great for knees and is very easy to have done

+2

Liposuction of the knees under local anesthesia with the microcanulas do great and is easy and comfortable to undergo for approximately $3000-3500. There are no stitches and you are up right away and back to work quickly.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction of knees

+2

Dr Rand has summarized my experience excellently. Liposuction of the inner aspect of the knees can produce very nice results with a relatively high satisfaction rate. However, liposuction of the area just above the knee cap is likely to cause or exacerbate loose skin in the area with an undesireable result.

Knee liposuction

+2

The only area where liposuction works well in the knee area is along the medial knee.  There is an half avocado shaped fat pad there that readily is removed and gives the lower leg a nicer tapered line.  Suction above the knee leave loose wrinkly skin and laterally doesn't work well either.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Smart Lipo for the knees

+1

I would recommend Smart Lipo of the knees under local anesthesia using a 12-watt setting. Results are very good and possible touch-ups are easy to preform for that "perfect result."

Regards from Miami

Knee liposuction

+1

The ideal candidate for knee liposuction is someone who comments that their knees rub when they walk. A fatty thigh above the knee is usually approached very carefully and conservatively as resection of fat there can lead to a hanging shelf of skin and fat over the knee cap from a lack of support. The outer knee rarely has a depot of fat storage that can be readily liposuctioned with good results.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Knee Liposuction

+1

In the right patient (localized fat,good skin tone) liposuctionof the knee is very effective. It can nicely remove "fat bumpers" and allow you to wear much more attractive clothing.

Dr. P. Aldea

Liposuction around the knee

+1

Liposuction around the knee area is highly effective in many patients.

Patients with skin that is already loose, lots of sun damage, or bumpy knees due to arthritis (causing prominences of the bursas) tend to get lesser results than patients with better skin.

Liposuction above the knee is usually reserved for patients with unusual deposits, not for the normal patient who, as Dr. Rand points out, can get crepey skin when liposuction is done in the area above the knees.

The knees are one of the highest satisfaction areas, so very gratifying results.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Liposuction of the knees

+1

Like liposuction applied to any other anatomical area of the face and body, liposuction is merely a tool to remove fat and can be applied appropriately or inappropriately. There are certainly anatomical situations that lend themselves well to the technique around the knees, usually medially but sometimes anteriorly around the patella.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Carefully done liposuction around the knees can give excellent results

+1

Originally, liposuction around the knees was really limited to the medial knee where there is a bulge there. Over the recent years I have found that most patients who are candidates for liposuction of their medial thighs and lateral thighs almost alway are good candidates for liposuction of the medial knee but also for very careful liposuction of the anterior knee. This is done with smaller instruments with careful attention to shaping a pretty shapely knee.

Most of these women have a very thick post like knee with out any definition of the knee from the knee cap from the thigh. With careful sculpturing of the knee it can be tapered and shapely. Unfortunately if there is much loose skin then there will be loose skin after the liposuction and this may preclude the procedure.

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD

Liposuction for the knees.

+1

I agree with Dr. Rand. See an experienced liposuction surgeon in your area and let him tell you what kind of results you can expect.