Knee Lipo Indentations and Discolouration?

I am now 6 weeks post op (inner knee smart lipo) and I have dark shadows where my bruises were. I also have very obvious indentaitions where the lipo was. Is it possible for the skin just above the treated area to swell? Is it even possible for an untreated area adjoining the treated area to swell up? They say to wait 6 months but i dont see how the hard discolored area can 'puff up' and the untreated unaffected area can 'deflate' to smooth it out. Do you think it will?

Indentations and discolorations after Smartlipo

+1

The side effects of Smartlipo will subside over time please be patient. Make a follow up appointment with your surgeon to be sure you are healing correctly.

6 Weeks after Knee Liposuction and Indentations

+1

I would agree to wait the 6 months before a revision.  Even if the areas you mention do not improve in that amount of time, the next surgery goals will be easier to evaluate and not muddled by partially healed results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Post operative treatment for Smart Lipo

+1

With any type of liposuction, including Smart Lipo,  one can see discoloration and/or contour irregularities in the first few weeks following the procedure.  In most cases these will resolve or improve over time.  Massaging the area and wearing a well fitting compression garment can help speed the process.  But it can take 3 to 6 months to see the final results. Be sure to check back with your surgeon.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Knee #Liposuction

+1

Knee contouring is one of my specialities. if you go on my website you will see some of my TV interviews on this. I can tell you one thing though, Knee liposuction is a difficult procedure and it takes a lot of practice to master this procedure. I have seen so many complications and I have corrected most of them. if you were treated right (which i hope you were) the results should be obvious within 2 weeks or so. I cannot agree enough with you that it will be very difficult to see the defects correct themselves. you might have to go thru another procedure. discuss with your surgeon and see what options you have. good luck!

Misbah Khan, MD

Smartlipo takes about three months to show 90% of the results

+1

The final result with Smartlipo takes some time to develop.  You may have a problem but it really is too early to know for sure.  Surrounding areas can swell and discoloration can persist for sometime.  Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon and hopefully it will all heal well.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon