Cellulaze for Woman in Early 60's: Less Effective Than for Younger Women?

Does there tend to be less correction for women who are older? I would imagine that factors such as health, activity level, whether or not on bio-identical hormone replacement therapy, as well as the severity of cellulite would affect the outcome. But I am also wondering if how long the cellulite has been around makes a difference? I've been told I have difficult cellulite due to my athletic pursuits. I've had it since age 16. Nothing so far has worked. Acceptance may come in my 80's....

Cellulaze is not just for youngsters.

+3
Cellulaze is very helpful in the older patient. Cellulite looks worse as people age and their skin gets looser. Cellulaze can release the dimples just as well in older people and the skin tightening can still be significant.

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Is cellulaze more effective at a certain age?

+2

In my experience, age does not matter as much as skin and fat quality.   Skin thickness, presence of stretch marks and the consistency (and amount) of the fat can affect the outcome.   I believe that patients who have denser, more fibrous tissue and fat tend to have more significant improvements with Cellulaze compared to people who have lumpy, soft fat and less cellulite bands. Just as you mentioned, your general health, activity level, hormone levels and overall body fat have an impact on the results (much more so than age). 

Michelle Spring, MD

Cellulaze at any age

+2

There is no absolute age at which Cellulaze is ineffective. We have had many patients in their 50's and 60's that have had excellent results. With any Cellulaze treatment, at any age, we need to be take in to account the patient's skin elasticity and be cautious not to eliminate too much fat from areas being treated.  Some patients that are lean and athletic do have more fibrous tissue that does not respond well to previous cellulite therapies but Cellulaze is specifically designed for this more fibrous tissue and to effectively treat it not just temporarily disguise it.  How long the cellulite has been there isn't a factor.  For some women, bio-identical hormones can make a difference with skin elasticity and help your end result. For the best advice whether you are a candidate or not consult a board certified plastic surgeon that has experience with Cellulaze.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Cellulaze effectiveness and age

+2

Cellulaze depends on precise heating under the skin to accomplish one of its effects that help cellulite, namely thickening of the overlying skin.  This process actually happens over months after the procedure as your body lays down more collagen in the skin.  Since younger skin has a better ability to produce collagen than older skin, it would follow that the effectiveness may be reduced.  However, you still could get a significant improvement of your cellulite and Cellulaze is really the only effective treatment available.

Douglas J. Mackenzie, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite and 60's

+2

Cellulaze has three main functions with the sidelight fiber.  I do find that the skin tightening part of the procedure is most important in the "older" patient.  Attention by the physician to energy levels and skin temperature when doing the procedure is critical.  The fat melting portion of the procedure and fiber release is more important in the younger patient.  I have seen great results on that loose thin skin around the knees with Cellulaze.

Thomas P. McHugh, MD

Cellulaze

+1

I would recommend you learn more about Cellulaze - the FDA approved one time definitive treatment for cellulite.  Cellulaze utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure. Best of luck!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Cellulaze Less Effective for Woman in Early 60's?

+1

I would start off by saying that just because you are in your 60's doesn't mean you should discard any and all efforts at looking and feeling as good as you can for your age. It sounds as if you are healthy and active so this should make a better candidate for Cellulaze. Also your athletic pursuits have nothing to do with how difficult your cellulite is to treat. I would say if anything you are likelly to be a better candidate. 

I have treated a number of patients in their late 50's to early 60's and we are positive improvement so far and expect to see more as their skin responds by producing more collagen. It has been our experience that the older patient does not get as dramatic response as someone in their 30's to 40's. Your skin tends to lose collagen producing cells as you age so the response to the treatment is not typically as dramatic, but is still significant and the patients have been happy with the outcomes. Particularly when they have tried other therapies with no improvement.

Braden Stridde, MD
Federal Way Plastic Surgeon

Best Age for Cellulaze

+1

Thanks for your question regarding the effectiveness of Cellulaze for patients in their 60's.  The good news, in my practice many patients in their 50's and 60's have had excellent results with Cellulaze, the length of time the cellulite has been present isn't really the issue.  Cellulite is frustrating for many women, because it has very little to do with overall health, weight or fitness level. It has more to do with those fibrous bands beneath the skin, the thickness and elasticity of the skin.  Until Cellulaze, we didn't offer any treatments for cellulite reduction, because they required repeated treatments and offered only temporary results.  Most of my patients, of all ages, have been very happy with their results with Cellulaze.  I have personally noted the best results on those with good skin elasticity and moderate cellulite.  Many patients also have  some liposuction at the same time if there are some isolated pockets of fat that they want reduced.  Good luck to you. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze for any age

+1

Cellulaze for women in their 60’s can be just as effective as a woman in their 20’s. This procedure consists of short-pulsed, high-energy laser beams under the skin to transmit energy in two directions. This method promotes skin thickening and tightening.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulaze for Woman in Early 60's: Less Effective Than for Younger Women? Does

+1

You could be a good candidate depending upon the grade of cellulite you have and your realistic expectations. Seek in person evaluations