Surgery to Fix Wide Nose

The width of my nose has always bothered me, but my fear is that after surgery my eyes will look far apart.

Surgery to fix wide nose

+1

In my experience this is a possible but not commonly occurring problem. Your plastic surgeon can help you with this concern and your overall concerns regarding your appearance, but the odds should be in your favor for a satisfactory outcome.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Surgery to Fix Wide Nose

+1

A rhinoplasty to narrow your nose and improve definition will actually enhance the appearance of your eyes.  All of the surrounding facial features will improve.

Improving wide bridge will not cause eyes to look far apart

+1

Actually, by decreasing the width of the nose the eyes actually end up looking less far apart. This is especially the case when the bridge height is augmented to make it a bit higher.

A wide, flat bridge tends to cause the facial features in the area to "wash out" a bit -- which can lead to perceived wider set eyes. Counter-intuitively, by enlarging the bridge in one dimension you end up making the nose look smaller overall.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Wide nose

+1

If you have a flat bridge and wide nose appearance, the eyes will probably look closer with a dorsal augmentation.

Surgery for the wide nose.

+1

Besides a wide nose and tip you have an inverted v deformity which should be grafted with your own cartilage. Your eyes will look better. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to do this and see live patients he has done.

Wide Nose

+1

Hi,

The best way to see if your going to like the results is to have computer imaging of your nose. This will give you a very good idea of what your nose will look after the surgery.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS