What Kinds of Facial Chemical Peels Are Available Via a Dermatologist?

I do not think I would want a 30% peel. Photos of people and downtime have put me on guard. I recently considered a fractional laser but do not want the week of downtime.

Chemical peels and Fractional laser

+1

What Can a Chemical Peel Do for You?
Chemical peeling is often used to treat fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth. Wrinkles caused by sun damage, aging and hereditary factors can often be reduced or even eliminated with this cosmetic procedure. However, sags, bulges, and more severe wrinkles do not respond well to peeling and may require other kinds of cosmetic dermatology procedures such as a laser skin treatment, or an injectable cosmetic filler.
Mild scarring and certain types of acne can also be treated with chemical peels. In addition, pigmentation of the skin in the form of sun spots, age spots, liver spots, freckles, splotching due to other conditions, and skin that is dull in texture and color may be improved with chemical peels.
Chemical peels may be combined with laser skin treatment, dermabrasion or cosmetic fillers to achieve effective skin rejuvenation customized to the needs of the individual patient. Areas of sun-damaged, precancerous keratoses or scaling patches of skin may improve after a chemical peel. Following a chemical peel treatment, new skin lesions or patches are less likely to appear. Generally, fair skinned and light haired patients are ideal candidates for chemical peels. Darker skin types may also experience good results from chemical peels, depending upon the type of skin problem encountered.

You may want to consider another option.

Many dermatological and cosmetic skin conditions can be improved with fractional laser skin resurfacing. Our patients with fractional skin resurfacing system to treat all these conditions quickly and cost-effectively.

Fractional laser skin resurfacing provides our patients with excellent aesthetic results while minimizing procedure risk and reducing downtime. It’s the smart approach to skin resurfacing that uses microbeams to create areas of treated tissue surrounded by untreated tissue, which provides faster healing and reduced side effects.

Our micro-fractional laser technology is the perfect choice for the treatment of:
•Wrinkles
•Acne Scars
•Surgical Scars
•Melasma
•Striae
•Unwanted Textural Irregularities
•Crow’s Feet
•Blotchy Skin

Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing is effective on virtually any trouble spot on the body – face, neck, chest, arms, legs with excellent aesthetic results with minimal redness or swelling.

Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing: Deep skin resurfacing procedures results get our patients back to their regular activity in as little as two days. The results rival those of fractional CO2 laser treatment, with fewer complications, less pain and faster recovery.

Thank you,

Dr. Norma Kassardjian

Orange County Dermatologic Surgeon