What Kind of Work Would Need to Be Done on my Nose to Make It More Feminine and Suitable? (photo)

...and where/how do I get started on finding the right doctor for the process?

Rhinoplasty to Make Nose More Feminine

+3

Thank you for your question. To make the nose more feminine several things can be done:

• Reduce the size of nose
  • Remove the dorsal hump or bump on top
  • Rotate or lift the tip of the nose to eliminate droop
  • Narrow the tip of the nose

These goals can be achieved by an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced in Rhinoplasty surgery.

Be very cautious in your choice of doctor. Insist on seeing photos of his/her work, and choose someone who has many years of experience and a good reputation in Rhinoplasty.

A poor result by an inexperienced surgeon will be very sad for you.

Suggestions for a more feminine nose

+1

A rhinoplasty is typically performed to remove a dorsal hump, to refine and feminize the tip, and/or reduce the bulbousness of the nasal tip.  Alarplasty incisions at the base of the nostrils are used to narrow the nasal base of the nostrils.  Osteotomies are performed to narrow the nasal bones.  Look for a rhinoplasty surgeon who has extensive experience and has performed many different types of rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty procedures.  Visit 3 different experienced rhinoplasty surgeons prior to making your final decision.

What Kind of Work Would Need to Be Done on my Nose to Make It More Feminine

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and IMHO, the dorsal hump should be removed, the nose thinned, tip re-shaped thinned and rotated up.

More Feminine Nose

+1

Pictures of your entire face would be helpful, but you want a nose that is in proportional to your surrounding feminine facial features. A reduction of your nasal hump, and then refining, elevating,  and narrowing your tip should all be considered. A final comprehensive plan will be established by you and your surgeon after a consultation and physical examination. Pick an experienced surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty surgery. 

Rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty is planned in accordance with one's facial features. Your posted photos basically only show your nose at frontal and left oblique angles which limits the ability to assess your current situation from these photos alone. What makes a nose look feminine is a curved side contour that naturally follows the curve of the eyebrows The male nose has a more pyramid or triangular shaped outline. The female nasal tip turns up 5 or 10 degrees more than the typical male nose. In your case that would mean shifting the nasal bones slightly and raising and refining the tip slightly. Other issues may need to be addressed but they cannot be assessed from your posted photos.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

+1

Even with the posted nose photos it is very hard to outline in detail the exact operation you need. Best to be seen by a boarded expert in your area like Drs Toby Mayer, Alessi, Bray, Lee. Regards 

Rhinoplasty

+1

Overall thinning of the tip and bridge as well as removing the small bump would feminize your nose.  However, the exact planning of your rhinoplasty will be done in an office visit.  There, we will assess your nose with your other facial features to determine the proper balance.  Go to a board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon in your area  who has expertise in your type of rhinoplasty.

David Alessi, MD

More feminine nose with rhinoplasty

+1

Without seeing more views of your nose it's hard to give much input. Generally, fullness of the bridge can be reduced to help make the nose more feminine. After assessing your face for overall proportions more detailed suggestions would be possible.

To find the right surgeon for your surgery I would start by finding someone board certified in facial plastic surgery or plastic surgery and who has a specific interest in rhinoplasty. Look at their before and after photos to find noses similar to yours that you like the end results. Having a few consultations to get different opinions may also be helpful.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Rhinoplasty for the ethnic nose.

+1

Rhinoplasty for your nose would involve removal of the hump, refining the tip,and depending on your profile tip elevation. You appear to have a weak  chin as well which can be improved with a chin implant. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and choose one who does natural noses.

Femimine

+1

thanks for the pictures. I would like to see you inperson for better advice. However from what i see. your tip droops and is bulbous. You also need a more feminine latersl contour. Overall I think very nice but, natural imorovements can be made. Renembe it is not hte nose itself that makes you attractive. But by reducing the presence of thenose your eyes and lips will stand out better. That is where the real beauty is   also you look like a chin implant would be a good option

David A. Bray, Sr., MD