What Kind of Woman Should Use Moderate Profile

Would you use moderate profile 350 cc in a small woman? size 103 pounds - 5,2 high (47 kg - 1,53 m) 32 - Cup B (now) Today is 32 B and want to reach cup D what would you recomend for somebody that wish to look big and full breast?

A moderate profile implant will fit most

+2

Implant profile has become a topic of considerable discussion and you will find many opinions on the 'best' implant profile. Ours is that the moderate profile implant will fit most individuals and provide all the volume and projection needed for a natural breast augmentation. You can easily achieve a D-cup without the trade-off of the high profile implant.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

How to pick breast implant sizes and shapes.

+2

Article by George J. Beraka, MD

1) This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2) It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3) Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4) Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy. The most common mistake is to go too big.

5) I recommend that the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6) The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7) Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8) Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating roon inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

Moderate profile implants

+2

I am not a big fan of the moderate profile implants. The majority of my patients have either moderate plus or high profile implants placed. I find the moderate implants a bit too wide and they do not have alot of projection.

VIDEO FOR BREAST SIZING: Breast implant augmentation surgery and moderate profile

+1

I generally don't like mnoderate because it has a higher chance of rippling but I do use this in patients with a wide base diameter.

It is very easy to be confused by this measuring system. Cup sizes are only used as estimates for clothing. Although the measuring technique for determining cup size is precise, the results of these measurements are not. Let me give you an example; weight is a very accurate measurement. However two patients that weigh 120 lbs are not likely to look alike. The same is true with two patients that have C cup breasts. This is why physicians tend to use volume (cubic centimeters or cc) as a more accurate measurement. Note: If you are trying to figure out what breast implant size you want to obtain, you can try the szing tool available through b4bra.com or read the articles about measuring there.

Size is a complex decision that is not only based upon your height, weight and current cup/bra size but ALSO on also on your breast diameter, waist, shoulder, and skin envelope measurements. These can only be assessed in person during a consultation. A good place to start is using my "Find your perfect size" tool listed in the left hand column of my bodysculptor.com home page. Another good place to look is the searchable database section of the physicians' photos on implantinfo.com. Best of luck.

Please see our website for a description of the procedure: bodysculptor.com You can view some of Dr. Placik's patients or many other patients by visiting the website:photo gallery

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Moderate Profile Implants = Natural Look

+1

Most women achieve the most natural look with Moderate Profile implants. A 350cc MP implant will likely put you at a D cup but I highly recommend meeting with a surgeon to discuss sizes. Most petite women who are looking to go up to a D cup generally require HIGH Profile implants because the diameter of the chest and rib cage tend to be narrow. The larger the size, the wider the implant. If the edges of the implant peaks out onto the side of the chest, you may need to opt for a High Profile implant which are more narrow in width and protrudes more outward. This is generally what people would consider the “Hollywood/Playboy” look. It gives patients the ability to go very large in cup size while still fitting their frame.

Use Moderate Profile

+1

As Drs. Rand & Wallach stated, I also use mostly HP implants. Especially for that increase to a D cup. Be careful out there. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Implant profile choice depends on many factors.

+1

In addition to your present height, weight, and breast cup size, I examine and measure additional items before deciding, with my patient, what can be done to give her the results she wishes. I include breast base diameter, the amount of breast skin excess or laxity, nipple/areola position with relation to the infra-mammary crease (IMC), IMC-nipple distance, mid-clavicular to nipple distance, present breast volume, present breast volume asymmetry, desired final breast volume, desired degree of projection, desired cleavage, desired amount of breast touching arm ("side boob"), and whether or not there is a pectus deformity, rib cage asymmetry, scoliosis, or prior breast surgery.

THEN we can decide on the proper implant profile.

Based on the (incomplete) information you provide, you are short, slim, and likely with a relatively shorter chest and breast base diameter. You have a small amount of your own breast tissue, but want to go up 2 cup sizes, which would amount to approximately 500cc. The moderate profile 500cc silicone gel (Mentor) implant has a diameter of 15.2 cm, which might be too wide for your dimensions. In general, I like to use the widest implant that will comfortably fit in the patient's dimensions, as too narrow a base implant in too wide a breast base will give a "wide cleavage" that I and many patients believe looks bad. Also, too much projection can look artificial, giving you a "done" look. Some patients actually want the high, round, "Baywatch look," but this is not really a natural look. Patient preference plays a role here, as does patient anatomy. A moderate plus or even high profile may be necessary to achieve your goals, (if the rest of your anatomy is compatible with these choices.) Doctor's preference should be a happy patient that doesn't have to ask why she wasn't told about "that!"

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/html/breast-augmentation.html

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size

+1

I agree that this is a very common question on RealSelf.com.  However, choosing the breast implant size depends on the patients anatomy, tissue quality and expectations from surgery.  This can only be determined during a consultation in the office.  Once seen by the surgeon, they will be able to give you a range of options. 

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Moderate profile breast implants

+1

MP implants are meant to make the most natural look, definitely not a D cup in you.  A HP implant is what you need to get the look you describe.