What kind of tummy tuck would be best for a thin athletic woman? (photo)

I am a 35 year old mother of 5, 5'8 and 130 lbs. In addition to a BA, I really would like to get rid of my excess skin below my belly button, as well as tighten up the lower abdominal muscles. I want to keep my basic look but remove the skin and tighten the muscles. I have a consult scheduled but they already said women who have had children always need a full tt. Im worried about fake looking too tight tummy and fake belly button. Are there any modified TT's that can get me what I want?

Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation

+2

There's only one kind of Tummy Tuck-- the best one! The best Tummy Tuck achieves the best result. In your case-- I would recommend a complete undermining of the entire abdominal wall up to your ribs. I would then flex the operating room table, tighten your muscles and remove all of the extra skin from your belly button down to the surgical incision. I would then exteriorize your belly button-- in the most tasteful fashion possible-- not too big, and not too small.

Based on your photos, you are surely a candidate for Breast Enlargement. You have major asymmetry which must be addressed. At your height and weight I would start sizing at 400CC High Profile Gel Implants. Both of the procedures can be performed at the same time.

Winter Park Plastic Surgeon

What kind of tummy tuck would be best for a thin athletic woman?

+2

You could have a minitummy tuck, but a short scar tummy tuck will remove twice as much skin and more of the stretchmarks will be removed. I do not think you would be abnormally tight either. This will allow for muscle tightening as well. The belly button created can appear natural as well. The breast augmentation can be performed through the single abdominal incision.

Web reference: http://hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

Mini tummy tuck and TABA

+2

Dear Casey,

Thank you for your question and posting appropriate pictures. Congratulations on staying fit after having five children. Based on your description and pictures you may be a candidate for a mini abdominoplasty as well as trans abdominal breast augmentation. In this combination of procedures an abdominoplasty or tummy tuck is performed in a small incision in the bikini region removing a portion of lower abdominal excess skin. Through the same incision your muscle separation is repaired as well as implants placed without any additional incisions on your breasts. Please look for a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in these procedures to have an evaluation.

Tummy tuck with mesh

+1
There is a new technique called Abdominoplasty with Mesh Reinforcement. Mesh reinforcement augments mechanical strength directly by the addition of mesh and increases muscle strength by shortening the muscle towards their optimal length (Starling Effect). Your stretch marks and excess skin extends laterally and you would benefit from a full tummy tuck to eliminate these damaged areas. Your breasts are asymmetrical (one breast is higher than the other) and trans-abdominal augmentation will not correct the asymmetry. I recommend a circumareola approach, which can correct the asymmetry of your nipples as well as reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. At the same time, implants can be placed. You are an excellent candidate for the mommy makeover. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://spectrum.ieee.org/geek-life/profiles/weight-loss-surgery-as-systems-engineering

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover: Breast Augmentation and Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for your question and including photographs.

Based on the pictures you have shown, you would enjoy the benefits of breast augmentation and a short scar tummy tuck. A good plastic surgeon pays attention to details and tailors the procedure to your unique anatomy so that the long term results look natural. I appears that you need more than a mini tummy tuck, but not quite a full tummy tuck.

To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a complete consultation and evaluation.

Web reference: http://www.drjjwendel.com/tummy-tuck-abdominoplasty

Baltimore tummy tuck with breast augmentation to give a natural look

+1

Thank you for your questions and photos. I believe a nice, natural look can be obtained with a tummy tuck and breast augmentation for you. My goal is to give this natural look to my patients without making everything too tight and distorted. Therefore, for you I would keep the incision nice and low in the bikini line. This would allow access to the muscles to tighten them and to the belly button to make it look like a nice "inny." For the breast augmentation, I would recommend a smaller sized implant place under the muscle for the most natural look. Having said all of this, though, I would only be able to give you an exact recommendation if I saw you first. Good luck! Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Web reference: http://www.baltimoreplasticsurgery.com/photo-gallery/body/tummy-tuck/

All Tummy Tucks are individualized

+1

A tummy tuck is a procedure with 3 basic elements:

1. Lower abdominal skin removal
  2. Subcutaneous fat removal
  3. Muscle tightening

Since every person's anatomy is different, a tummy tuck procedure is individualized to that person. Without an in person consultation with photos, measurements and a complete history and physical it would be impossible to give you an exact plan on what would be best for you.

Based on your photos, however, you would benefit from a submuscular breast augmentation with a larger implant on the left and fairly routine tummy tuck. You may have an umbilical hernia which should also be addressed. The length of your tummy tuck scar will depend on how much extra skin is removed. With women's fashions changing and the low ridding jeans, we do not want to ignore the "muffin top" and this should be addressed along with your hips.

Please see a Board Certified plastic surgeon who specializes in mommy makeover procedures.

Good Luck!

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty, what type ?

+1

Thank you for posting your photos in different pose. You definitely are a candidate for augmantation mammoplasty while undregoing abdominoplasty. During a conventional " full tummy tuck " the laxity of the abdominal wall could be adequately tightened up and excess skin above and below the belly button could be removed. However a modified abdominoplasty alo could give you a good result with shorter scar. I would not worry about the shape of belly button, a competent plastic surgeon could produce a nice looking umbilicus.

Web reference: http://www.mahjouricosmeticsurgery.com

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon