What Kind of Treatment Would You Suggest to Treat my Acne Scars and Facial Cysts? (photo)

-Have acne scarring(ice pick scars?)and small lumps underneath skin -Dermatologist told me that the small lumps were acneous cysts -Told me that he wasn't going to put me on Accutane because it probably wouldnt work -He referred me to a cosmetic derm(my appt is in 2 weeks) -Dad had them when he was young(his cysts were bigger and there were a lot less of them) -I have smaller cysts, a lot more of them -Uni student who doesn't have extravagant amounts of money to spend -Best treatment?

Acne Scars and Facial Cysts

+2

I would suggest good skin care first. Your scars are not very deep so I would be conservative with the treatment. A laser resurfacing would be what I would suggest first. A multilayered approach might be too aggressive for you.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

In our practice we have a few different solutions for your acne scars and pigmentation. We have DOT laser/ Profractional laser or a VIPEEL... Without examining you it’s hard to give adequate advice on what procedure would be the best for you. You should see a PS to give you the best option for your situation. Online you can read about all the procedure that is available to you.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.