What Kind of Treatment is Best for Me to Remove As Much Fat As Possible?

I'm not looking to lose weight, I'm actually looking to lose fats. I have a huge butt disproportionate to my size, huge saddle bags & inner thighs, and a big tummy. I don't eat big meals. My size is due to accumulated fats since the age of 8. I am 22 and asian, 156cm, 72kg. I am big-boned but currently have more than 30% fat. What treatments would be best, liposuction, liposculpt, or any other suggestions please? Thank you!!

Best solution for weight

+2

The best soloution to lower your weight would be to go on a diet and exercise regimen to tone your body and burn fat.  Surgery is not the best solution.

Ways to lose fat

+1

Although there’s no substitute for good diet and exercise, sometimes there’s only so much we can do to reverse nature’s cruelties. That’s where science comes in. No, reshaping your body isn’t as easy as going to the beauty parlor. Surgery is never 100% risk free and the healing process requires patience and determination.

Liposuction is not meant to solve a chronic weight problem, nor can it turn an obese person into a svelte one, but it certainly helps. Liposuction works best on patients who are of relatively average weight, but who need help with a problem area, or with shedding the ten pounds they regain between diets. It is hard to determine the best treatment for you without a photo, but if you have good skin quality and minimal sagging, you make an ideal candidate for liposuction.

Liposuction modifies volume by sucking out fat, and liposuction candidates need good skin tone. The procedure takes about an hour, the recovery takes just a couple of days, and there's virtually no scarring. I use several innovative forms of liposuction, including SmartLipo, in order to contour and resculpture the area while providing the most beautiful results with minimal scarring. SmartLipo, used in combination with other forms of liposuction or alone, is a procedure that uses laser light to liquefy fat and tighten the surrounding skin. Liposuction as an outpatient procedure under I.V. sedation can easily reduce the bulge that some people have in their abdomens. Because liposuction stimulates the skin to tighten, good elasticity provides a smooth contour after fat is removed.

Liposuction patients who started out especially overweight will have to bide their time before realizing their dream results, because it takes several weeks for skin to redrape over the new area and for tissue to heal completely. When patients need more than about 12 pounds removed, we simply perform a second surgery later. Many times, liposuction of one area provides a good jump start for further dieting and exercise, allowing you to continue to lose weight. Most of the time patients see liposuction as an occasion to make their bodies and entire lifestyles much healthier—to start, with great enthusiasm, down the road of cosmetic wellness.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Two liposuctions should remove a lot of fat from tummy and thighs

+1

When you are disproportionate, it takes its toll on a patient pyschologically as well as physically. If you have been working out and dieting and reached a plateau then the liposuctions make sense to do to motivate you to work out more and diet more to lose more weight. Liposuction of the tummy would be 1 surgery and the thighs would be a 2nd one. Expect to pay $6000-7000 per surgery.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lose the most fat with diet and exercise

+1

While it takes dedication and dicsipline and clearly isn't easy, the only great way to lose a lot of fat is through diet and exercise, not liposuction.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Liposuction is not a substitute for eating healthy or exercising

+1

Procedures have risk. Surgical risks might even increase in patients who are overweight. If you can't decrease the weight yourself, you may find improvement by working with a nutritionist, endocrinologist if there is a hormonal problem such as low thyroid (hypothyroidism), a physical trainer who sets goals, and even seeking hypnosis. Some patients eventually have gastric stapling to make the stomach smaller. Then when you are truly eating healthy and exercising and have reduced your weight, and there is a localized area of fat that you can't remove, you could become a better liposuction candidate.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Best treatment for fat removal of this size is diet and exercise, not liposuction.

+1

Liposuction gets rid of localized deposits of fat. It is not a means of weight reduction. Diet and exercise is the best approach and is cheaper.

Loosing Fat

+1

Without pictures, it is difficult to give you specific advice. If you are overweight, then weight loss through diet modification and exercise is your fist step. If you are severely overweight, then you may need a bypass procedure. Liposuction removes fat, but it is not a weight loss procedure, it is a body contouring procedure. Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Losing weight fast! [with video]

+1

Even though liposuction is not primarily for weight loss, it can help motivate the person when they see some results in the way their body looks! The maxmum that I remove is about 10 pounds at one operation but this can make a significant difference in the apearance of an area like the hips.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Use liposuction to remove 2-5 pounds and not 40 pounds

+1

Your best best is to lose weight. This is based on my estimated calculation that your ideal body weight would be approximately 115lbs. However, you are nearly 40 pounds above that weight. This is not a practical amount to remove using any plastic surgery procedure. I would strongly encourage you to lose more weight and then consider surgery.