What kind of surgery do i need? Type of anesthesia? What procedure do i need?

My nose is shaped like a bird. When i smile my nose tip goes down. Like a witch. It looks like a pyramid i hate it so much :'( im 18. The anesthesia they talked about told me its safe that if they were to slap me i would wake up

+2
    Your issues can be addressed with a closed rhinoplasty.  I perform all rhinoplasties under general anesthesia so that you are comfortable and so that there is no movement to ensure optimum precision.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed hundreds of rhinoplasties. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Considering Rhinoplasty

+1
Dear catlove,  thank you for your question.Rhinoplasty is a popular procedure that can dramatically change one's appearance. In our San Diego practice we perform computer imaging to determine what may be possible in your case. Actual before and after photos are a good way to evaluate your surgeon.Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1
It would help to see photos, but it sounds like a pretty typical rhinoplasty, involving removal of the bump on your bridge and raising the tip.  Anesthesia used could be either general, meaning completely asleep, or just heavily sedated.  I think you need a better explanation from your doctor about the type of anesthesia to be used.  If you go to an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon you will be in good hands and the surgery will be safe.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

+1
The nasal areas that concern you can be improved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty.
]
Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without seeing photos and without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns about the options for treatment including the type anesthesia and who will administer it with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty under general anesthesia

+1
Rhinoplasty procedure can be performed through closed rhinoplasty techniques to reshape the bridge line. This  surgery  is performed under general anesthesia, not local for patient safety and comfort. For many examples, please see  the link below to our rhinoplasty photo gallery

What kind of surgery do i need? Type of anesthesia? What procedure do i need

+1
You sound to be a candidate for a closed rhinoplasty surgery to reduce the cartilage bridge.  Of course, photos would be more helpful.  As for anesthesia, you would need to have general anesthesia.  Anesthesia is given every day and it is very safe when trained providers are utilized!

What Kind of Surgery and Anesthesia to Change Nasal Appearance

+1
You need a rhinoplasty which can be done with some level of general anesthesia. When I was on a committee to establish safety standards for outpatient surgery centers in California we said that any form of anesthesia which takes away life preserving reflexes is general anesthesia. Therefore all  anesthesia used in rhinoplasty surgery today is some form of general anesthesia. Select a surgeon who has a long standing relationship with his/her anesthesia team. For example, everybody who provides anesthesia in our center has been there at least 15 years.  

Rhinoplasty

+1
Please have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Your question is too open ended to discuss with any accuracy in this forum. 

Christopher Khorsandi, MD

Type of rhinoplasty

+1
It is certainly possible to correct what you describe - a plunging tip.  When you go for your rhinoplasty consultation, make sure you have list if things that you are unhappy with.  Most plastic surgeons will focus on the three things that you like least.  It is certainly possible to reshape your nose to bring it closer to a normal or aesthetically pleasing look.  You plastic surgeon can spend some time teaching you what is possible.

With regards to the anesthesia, you can also express your concerns.  Your surgeon can give you some statistics about the safety of anesthesia and allay you fears.  As a general rule, you want to be asleep enough that nothing painful will wake you up, but you want to wake up promptly when the anesthesiologist turns off the anesthetic agent.  Best of luck to you.

Al Rosenthal, MD