What Kind of Surgery I Have to Do to Remove This Skin Fold Around my Eyes? (photo)

Well I have already told my problem and now I have picture to show what I'm talking about. In this photo it's not my eye, but it really looks like my eye. The only diference is that my eye is slightly larger. It's just an example. My age is 14, have a chance of this disappear as my nose is growing or what surgery I have to do?

Skin fold around eye in the young person.

+2

Skin fold around eye in the young person is normal. The example you show is beautiful and a person with such a look should NOT have any surgery.

Too young

+2

At fourteen, I feel you are too young to do anything to your eyes.  You are still growing, and while this may not completely resolve, your appreciation of beauty may change.  Surgery once done, can't be undone.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

What Kind of Surgery I Have to Do to Remove This Skin Fold Around my Eyes?

+2

That eye fold is common. It can be treated with surgery to rearrange, lengthen and flatten that area of folded skin at the corner of the eye. Since you are a minor, I would discuss this with your parents first. You will need their consent if you want to pursue surgery at some point before you turn 18. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

If your medial canthal web looks like this photo, please stop thinking about surgery.

+2

These eyes are beautiful.  The fold adds important character.  Don't let people tell you that you should have surgery for this.  Yes we have a surgery.  The problem is that the surgery is really not very good.  There is a high risk of a very unsatisfactory scar.  You would be trading a beautiful facial feature for the significant risk of an ugly scar.  If your surgeon gave you such a ugly scar you would immediately regret having the surgery.  Please don't talk yourself into such a situation.

The medial eye fold

+1

Hello Reckardo

Thank you for the question, as you could see, mostof the board certified and expert surgeon asking you not to think about it only because of you age. 

Yes, you are still growing, and the more important is that you might like it one day. I know some people who used to hate it  then they just like it. 

Wait!! You can do it any time, very known skin fold and surgery can be done at any time.

Please enjoy your life.

Fatema S. Alsubhi, MD
UAE Plastic Surgeon

Medial canthal web

+1

The photo appears to be a medial canthal web as best I can be seen in the photograph.  This is very common among the Asian population and can be treated and improved by doing a "jumping man" flap to break up the web/band.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon