Can I Get Some Kind of Surgery to Create a Bigger Eye Fold or Bigger Eye Shape? (photo)

I mostly want to get this surgery because I'm tired of constantly being embarrassed of my eyes. People constantly mistake me to be Mexican or Asian which I don't have a problem with, but the thing that I do have a problem with is knowing that people will never be able to guess what I really am because of my eye shape. I am am Ukrainian. Yes, that means I was born in Ukraine, and my grandpa is from Tajikistan. I don't know know much about my biological father but I am aware that he isn't Asian or Mexican.

Surgery for bigger eye shape

+1

It is really almost impossible to change the eye shape and ethnicity with blepharoplasty and look natural.  Upper and lower eyelid surgery is used to address signs of the aging process, such as bags under the lower lids or droopy heavy upper lids.  A canthopexy or canthoplasty is needed if there is excess scleral show when the lower lid margin does not meet the iris and should be performed by an oculoplastic surgeon.

Bigger eye fold, Asian eyelid

+1

Your eyes are beautiful and seem to have some level of Asian influence.  Surgical alteration of the fold above your eyelid is possible through various techniques.  I recommend a consultation to an experienced eyelid surgeon familiar who performs that operation regularly. 

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

Changing eye fold or eye shape

+1

You eyes showed mixed ethnicity features and overall very aesthetically attractive. A limited change in eyelid crease or fold height is ok and can be done easily in the office. However, changing eye shape is not as easy and often surgery comes with significant risks. Be very definitive and specific about the changes you want to carry out and discuss clearly with your plastic surgeon. Make sure you understand the risks involved.

Sincerely,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Beautiful eyes best left alone.

+1

Hi.

I see what you mean.  Your eyes can be made to look more Caucasian, if you are sure that's what you want. I would go to a plastic surgeon who does a lot of Asian eyelids.  This is specialized surgery.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Tajikistan and Asia and your eyes

+1

Morning,

First off, beautiful eyes.  Second, I understand your comments and thoughts.  I have many patients from Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and so on. The reality is that, even though you are from the Ukraine, you are genetically/physically Asian.  Can you change your eyes to look more western or northern European?  Yes but the change may be limited.  A full face photo would be more helpful.  Give this lots of thought and get several consults before doing anything.

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery to make your eyes bigger.

+1

Your eyes r beautiful no matter what ethnicity! Surgery carries a small risk of asymmetry in healing. So I would enjoy your attractive eyes.