What Kind of Scars Do I Have on My Cheeks and How Can I Fix Them? (photo)

Acne scarring

+2

You have different depths of acne scarring, some more like ice pick scars and some more superficial. Additionally you have some PIH (post inflammatory hyperpigmentation) and redness. Treatments like eMatrix RF (resurfacing laser treatments) are what I would recommend you begin with. These will help alleviate the PIH, redness, and superficial to mid depth scarring. I would suggest you begin with 3 treatments done in monthly increments. After that you might need some minimal injections of filler to your deeper scars, but I would first do the laser treatments.

Acne scarring the cheek conglomeration of ice pick scars

+1

You have a conglomeration of ice pick scars that are linear in some and more isolated in others. co2 laser resurfacing can help but you may need a couple of them. Your scars could also be improved first with TCA and then I would do a multi layered approach.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon