What Kind of Rhinoplasty Would I Have to Get? (photo)

I actually quite like how my nose looks in profile view, so I don't think I want to mess with my bridge. I just wish that the tip of my nose would be higher and more refined, like in the second picture. What kind of correction would I need? What are the risks and healing time, and how much would it cost?

Tip Higher and More Refined

+1

Sometimes a tip can be reduced by removing cartilage or using suture to mold the cartilages.  However, sometimes the tip needs to be projected with a columellar strut to give apparent tip narrowing and improve projection.  I believe your wish pic is the latter, but this is easier to assess on a lateral view.

What kind of rhinoplasty would I have to get

+1

It is not a good idea to lift the tip of the nose up when it is already above 90 degrees.  Lifting the tip will give the look of nostril show and look surgical.  It is probably best to leave this nose well enough alone.

Tip rhinoplasty works well for patients who only need some enhanced tip definition.

+1

Comparing the two noses in the photo, it looks as though some refinement of the tip only to achieve the desired result.  Specifics depend on thickness of the skin, strength of the lower lateral cartilage projection, and volume of the lower cartilages. 

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,25-atlanta-rhinoplasty.htm

Tip refinement

+1

if you read some of my other answers to rhinoplasty questions you will see i am not a huge fan of advocating "tip rhinoplasty."   it is my general belief that most noses benefit from a wholistic approach.  however in your case if you were to see me in my office with the desires you stated i would offer a tip rhinoplasty likley through a closed approach.  i should mention that i am a big advocate of the open apprach and full-on rhinoplasty but with where you are starting and where you want to go i think you would do well with closed tip rhino.  agree - in person consultation is essential.

Tip rhinoplasty

+1

It sounds like you want a tip rhinoplasty which can be done. You have to remember that with the surgery there will be swelling of the tip that may take a year to settle.  The fee will vary from region to region.

Get a consultation

+1

A tip plasty would help you -- but seek an in person consultation with an experienced rhinoplastic surgeon. Fees depend on where and what you have.

Web reference: http://www.wrmd.com

What Kind of Rhinoplasty?

+1

Your surgery can be limited to the tip if you desire. The cartilages can be narrowed or reposition to achieve a refined look. A physical examination would be necessary to determine exactly what should be done. Cost would be about $5,000..

Tip Rhinoplasty

+1

From your photos, I believe you would be a good candidate for a tip rhinoplasty.  There are a number of different procedures which could be considered which could accentuate and refine the tip of your nose.   This procedure may involve tailoring and/or repositioning the lower lateral cartilages and also may involve a cartilage graft of your own tissue.  Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.VincentLeporeMD.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon