What Kind of Rhinoplasty Should I Get?

I was thinking of a tip rhinoplasty but I heard it depends on how wide the bridge of your nose is. I simply do not like the bulbous tip and wideness! I don't really mind how long it is though. A guy told me I looked like a proboscis monkey :'( I just want a cute and small nose... Can you give me an estimation on how much it would cost too?

Fixing full tip

From the photos you submitted and the concerns you mentioned a rhinoplasty to focus on refining your tip is a very reasonable plan.

Adjustments can be made to your tip cartilage and tip width to improve the overall balance of your nose. This can be done very naturally, avoiding an overdone look.

Tip rhinoplasty

I think you can limit yourself to tip refinement. You'll have a natural looking nose that is in better balance. Price will vary with area of the country.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip plasty

I agree with you. refining your tip may all that you need to do. Overdone rhinoplasties look terrible. I generally cut my tip-plasy to half a total nose

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Type of rhinoplasty

Each surgeon uses the approach that in their experience provides the optimal result. In your situation my approach would be to utilize a closed approach to modify the nasal tip.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Tip rhinoplasty - nose job

It seems your nasal tip needs the majority of the work here.  It would need to be refined, made less bulbous, slightly rotated, and projected.  Love the collage!

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip rhinoplasty

Nice job with the photos!

Based on your photos it appears that you have a nice bridge and only need a tip rhinoplasty.  The cost will vary significantly based on the surgeon's experience and location

Sam Naficy, MD

Bulbous tip with bridge refinement

Thank you for your inquiry!

It seems that you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty that will improve the way your nose looks to complement your facial features in a natural fashion. The bulbous tip will be the core of the approach but your nasal bridge will be addressed for harmonious results. However, without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with specific details. I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with a well-experienced surgeon.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty can refine your wide nasal tip

Thank you for your question and photograph. A rhinoplasty with cartilage grafting can refine and narrow your nasal tip.our nasal bones may also need to be reduced and narrowed to match your new nasal tip.

Choose your rhinoplasty surgeon very carefully. Finally plastic surgeon who has great experience and expertise and rhinoplasty in your community and asked to see before and after photographs of patients he has treated.