What kind of Rhinoplasty would I require? (Photo)

It is the tip of my nose that I'm unhappy with. I was wondering whether I would need a Nasal Tip reduction?

Nasal tip reduction

+1
The nose is a 3  Dimensional structure and it is difficult to give an opinion based on only one photograph. in some patients a tip plasty can be performed as a stand-alone procedure as long as the remainder of the nose is in balance. This would involve removal of cartilage from the  tip, or a suture technique to sew the lower lateral cartilages together. The decision must be made at the time of examination/consultation. 

What kind of Rhinoplasty would I require?

+1
It is possible to refine the tip of your nose with a technique called a tipplasty.  This is a closed surgery (no incision on the outside of your face).  To really assess your nose completely, we would need a front view photo and a side view photo.

+1
   I do not see a whole lot to alter from the picture provided.  Additional pictures or an exam may be more helpful.

Tip Rhinoplasty from Morristown NJ

+1
The picture doesn't really show what benefit you the most, but from this one front view picture I agree with you that your tip might be the problem. Let's just assume that you have wide tip that needs refinement. There are few different things that can  make a tip appear too wide, boxy or bulbous. Typically it is due to wide tip cartilages, but sometimes it is the result of thick skin with a lot oil glands. The former is best treated with an open tip rhinoplasty. This approach allows the surgeon to reduce the hight of these cartilages and apply specific sutures to change the shape. You really need to be carefully examined by a specialist who can tell you what you need done and go over the pros and cons of a nose operation. Your nose doesn't appear to need too much done to it and if I saw you I might recommend a closed  tip operation with some minor refinement. 

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

What Kind of Rhinoplasty for Me?

+1
The width of your nose can be reduced and your tip refined. However it is impossible to give you a complete answer without seeing a complete set of nasal pictures, showing all views, as described on my website.