What Kind of Rhinoplasty Would Be Needed for my Wide Nose and Bulbous Tip?

I feel like my nose is very wide and the tip is really large and i've been considering a rhinoplasty for quite some time. The only thing is I don't know what kind of surgery would be needed and if it's even possible to fix both the width and the tip in the same surgery or will I need to choose?

Rhinoplasty techniques

+1

Thanks for your post. Based on your photos you may benefit from osteotomies to narrow the bridge and tip narrowing techniques to refine your tip.  

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

What kind of Rhinoplasty would be neede for my wide nose and bulbous tip?

+1

From the photos a Closed Rhinoplasty with osteotomies to break the nasal bones inward and a tip plasty to thin the nasal tip should do the trick.  Hope this helps.

Rhinoplasty to improve wide nose and bulbous tip

+1

A rhinoplasty would be able to address both of your concerns.

Controlled bone fractures would allow the wideness of the upper third of your nose to be improved. Your tip shape can also be changed during surgery. Narrowing of the nostril width can also be done at the same time. The incisions for this aspect are in the crease where the ala meets the cheek.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Refininf the nasal tip

+1

Various maneuvers can be perfromed to enhance the lookd and definition of the nasal tip.  A full exam is essential to assess the skin quality and the underlying structures.  If the nose is wide this can be treated as well.

Rhinoplasty

+1

The width of the dorsal nose and tip and nasal base can all be addressed during a rhinoplasty procedure.  Your surgeon should be able to show you pre- and post-op photos to illustrate the ways in which the nasal proportions can be adjusted. 

Your nose looks a bit wide, as you have suggested, and could be narrowed using standard rhinoplasty techniques.  All of the areas of concern would be addressed at the same time.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Bulbous tip

+1

Your requests are common for rhinoplasty patients and certainly you can be helped. There are a variety of techniques that can be used to narrow and refine the nose. Which ones are used take into account the thickness of skin, overall size, shape and strength of your current cartilage and the desired result. Seek a rhinoplasty surgeon who is skilled in a variety of techniques which can be adapted to you and not a one size fits all approach.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thanks for the posted photos, looks like a tip rhinoplasty or a tip + wedges + nasal bone fractures would improve your appearance. But you do realize you do not need surgery is an option. 

Rhinoplasty For Wide, Bulbous Tip

+1

It is a relatively straightforward procedure to address a wide, bulbous tip, and they can be done during the same procedure.  From your photos, the issue with your nose may be the thickness of your skin.  Because your skin appears on the thicker side, there is a limit as to how "refined" the tip can be.  3D imaging is very helpful in showing you what you can expect.  

Gary D. Breslow, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for a wide nose

+1

Usually as one part of the nose is changed, the balance will be shifted such that some adjustment of the rest is needed. If your nose is wide, narrowing may affect the projection of the tip relative to the bridge, or the width of the tip and how is balances with the narrowed bridge. Explore the possibility of computer imaging to see how changes will work out for you and a change to see what you like.

peterejohnsonmd

Wide nose

+1

The simple answer is that you are an excellent rhinoplasty candidate. Choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and let him/her tell the best procedure. Be clear on what you desire.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD