What Kind Of Rhinoplasty Would Be Needed For My Nose? (photo)

I'm 22 and really considering having a nose job, but as the pic show I have a wide nose and the tip also need work, I feel that it will need a lot of work in bones ,tip, nostrils and I don't know if it's even possible to fix all of this and what kind of surgery would be needed ,I have a previous nose jop and this gonna to be the second surgery

Rhinoplasty

+3

The closed rhinoplasty technique can address narrowing the bridge, the tip, and removal of any hump.  It appears that the nasal bones were left quite wide along with the tip and there was not an adequate amount of reduction of the nose at the time of the primary rhinoplasty.  A secondary rhinoplasty can be performed.  It usually takes an hour to 2 to perform under general anesthesia and can address all of the work in bones, tip, and nostrils all at the same time.  Look for an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who has performed several thousand rhinoplasties so he or she has plenty of experience performing secondary rhinoplasties.  

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/neckliftandlipo_photos12.html

Choosing your next surgeon

+1

The most important thing to do in choosing your next plastic surgeon is to look at the before/after photos; this will tell you what kind of results to expect.  When looking at the nose photo gallery make sure: 1. at least three views (front, quarter turn, profile) are included from each patient; 2. that there are at least 20 patient photos; the quality of the photos has to be good so you can see clearly.  If any of the above three is not included in the photo gallery then I would be hesitant about seeing that doctor.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1
Hi there. It seems like a revision may be necessary to address the frontal width issues in the tip and upper nose. The profile looks close but could possibly be softened as well. At quick glance it does not appear as if the first operation did any significant damage. That is important as undoing prior bad work is a very different procedure than simply completing the first operation. You should see an experienced surgeon and (this is very important) bring copies of your prior operative report. This will help tremendously in confirming the plan of action for the second, and hopefully last, rhinoplasty. Best of luck
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

I believe that most revision rhinoplasties need and open technique.  you need someone experienced with these methods.  you may need cartilage grafts or just suturing of the existing cartilage to reshape them.

revisions are not simple

What Kind Of Rhinoplasty Would Be Needed For My Nose?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for well over 20 years.  IMHO after looking at these photos the nasal bridge, both bone and cartilage, could be reduced in height and width.  the nasal tip can be refined and thinned.  All of this could be done with a closed Rhinoplasty in about 1 hour.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Revision rhinoplasty for the disliked nose.

+1

Revision rhinoplasty for the disliked nose is a common procedure but takes a skilled surgeon. See Dr. Hossan Foda in Cairo.

Rhinoplasty is possible

+1

All your concerns could be addressed by rhinoplasty.  It is important to share your concerns with your surgeon.  I would see several surgeons to get several different opinions.  Your nose is not a piece of wood and you would like to make this your last rhinoplasty.  Board Certification by the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery, the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery or the American Board of Plastic Surgery is advisable.  Seek a surgeon who performs a lot of rhinoplasty.  Warmest regards.

Dr. Pippin

Metairie Facial Plastic Surgeon

What type of rhinoplasty?

+1

One size definitely does NOT fit all when it comes to nose surgery. The goal should be a nose that looks pleasing to you AND that works,i.e. that you can breathe through. Having already had one surgery, the difficulty factor goes up for the next surgery. The best way I can tell you to proceed would be to have a consultation with a Facial Plastic Surgeon that does a lot of noses. Ask for patient references, look at pictures of other patients he/she has done. Most importantly,communicate your desires and concerns up front and make sure you are comfortable with your doctor.

New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon