What kind of Rhinoplasty can improve the shape of my nose? (photos)

I am 23 yrs old and I have a wide nose that has a bulbous tip and a bit of a hump. I am just wondering if it's possible and realistic to achieve a narrow nose like song hye ko with a more projected tip? Please see below photos of my nose from the front and side and an image of my ideal nose.

The Asian rhinoplasty

+1
Thanks for the enquiry.

The look you are after is one that Asian women often request.  It will involve reducing the hump and narrowing the nasal boney base, the tip needs to be narrowed and the projection increased most likely with a graft..  The width of the base of the nostrils is sometimes reduced to then ballence the other changes.

it is possible to aspire for the "look" of someone's nose, but remember that your tissue may not allow all of these changes to be possible. You need assessment and from there a surgical plan and a surgical procedure.

I hope that helps

All the best

Jeremy Hunt   

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Asian rhinoplasty

+1
Hi there,

There's no reason you can't achieve an excellent rhinoplasty, and having a definite look to aspire to is very helpful to your surgeon.
You can never achieve an exact replica of someone else's nose, but from your pictures your expectations of what you can achieve should be reasonably high.
Sydney has some excellent rhinoplasty surgeons.  I suggest you have a consultation with Dr George Marcells, Dr Warwick Nettle, or another of the high volume expert rhinoplasty surgeons in the city.

All the very best.

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to Improve Nasal Shape

+1
Rhinoplasty by an experienced surgeon will improve your profile an reduce the width of your entire nose including the bridge, tip, and nasal base. This will also improve tip definition and projection.

My Ideal Nose, augmentation rhinoplasty, thick skin

+1
You would need to have an augmentation rhinoplasty.  Because the skin of your nose is thick in order to change the shape of your nose you would need to strengthen the underlying skeleton.  This would create a more narrow nose that would appear smaller and complement your face more.  If you were to try to reduce the bump and refine the tip through the reduction of the skeletal complements of your nose it would become amorphous, lacking refinement.  In order to achieve refinement the skeleton needs to be strengthened rather than reduced.  By projecting the tip of your nose it will both be and appear more narrow.  You should seek consultation with a facial plastic surgeon in your community.

Edward Farrior, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recommendations for a slimmer more attractive nose.

+1
You have a large dorsal hump with poor tip projection.  You will need the following to look more like Song Hye Kyo.  Dorsal hump reduction, lateral infracturing to narrow the nose, tip graft with ear cartilage for better tip projection, shield cartilage graft to correct retracted columella, alar reduction to narrow nostrils.  Cephalic reduction of the lower lateral cartilage to reduce bulbous tip.  You do not need a nasal implant as your dorsal bridge is higher than Song Hye Kyo already.  You chin also looks weak so a chin augmentation would be recommended.  Finally you cheek looks flat compared to Song Hye Kyo so I would recommend either Voluma injection or fat grafting of the cheek to improve cheek fullness

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Best Asian rhinoplasty = choosing best rhinoplasty surgeon!

+1
Best Asian rhinoplasty = choosing best rhinoplasty surgeon!  What you describe can give you a more attractive nose IF you choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses.