What Kind of Rhinoplasty Would Be Best to Improve the Appearance of my Nose? (photo)

I have a very strange nose.. It looks as if there would be a ball at the end because there is a strange bridge like curve under my nostrils, emphasizing the very bulbous round tip! What exactly would have to be done to fix this "ball on a stick" look as I like to call it. (I would like to get rhinoplasty that improves the look of my nose without having a huge operation that other people would notice from a mile) Thanks in advance!

What Kind of Rhinoplasty?

+1

Based on your photos it appears that you would be a good candidate for rhinoplasty, such as the example in the link below

What Kind of Rhinoplasty Would Be Best to Improve the Appearance of my Nose?

+1

Aesthetically speaking the nasal skin is thin which allows the thick, asymmetric tip cartilage to appear pronounced.  The nasal tip appears somewhat under-rotated and there is a slight bony, dorsal hump.  An open Rhinoplasty to shave down the dorsal hump and refine the nasal tip would address these issues.  Hope this helps.

Rhinoplasty Goals

+1

The curve you're describing is the lower border of your tip cartilages. There is no cartilage in the concavity below that curve. The contour of your asymmetrical bulbous tip can be improved with a rhinoplasty so you have a pleasing, natural result. Your slight hump on an asymmetrical bridge should also be corrected. 

Rhinoplasty can help

+1

Rhinoplasty could address your concerns. If the tip is the issue, there are techniques to correct and refine the bulbous features that you point out. I suspect that this could be accomplished without having to worry about it being too conspicuous and obvious to the public.

Alexander Gorup, MD
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon