What Kind of Rhinoplasty I Need? Asian Nose with a Round Tip. (photo)

Hi! I'm a 15 years old.I have been self conscious about the shape of my nose for a while now. I wanna know what kind of rhinoplasty I should get.So basically what I wanna change it's the form of the tip. It's too round! Also I wanna make it maybe a little bit more "sharpy". I'm aware that I'm still young and my nose may change overtime, but still I don't think there will be much difference. I am open to any suggestions! P.s: I'm sorry if I made any grammar mistakes. I'm not a native speaker.

Tip refinement and dorsal augmentation in Asian rhinoplasty

+1

Your concerns are shared by many patients choosing to undergo Asian rhinoplasty.  I agree with your assessment that making your tip a bit more "sharp" and refined, along with raising the bridge of your nose, will improve its appearance.   

You may benefit from classic Asian rhinoplasty.

+1

You would benefit from a classic Asian augmentation rhinoplasty. I would recommend augmenting your nose bridge and tipplasty to refine the tip and increase the projection. I would not recommend alarplasty.

Regarding the timing of surgery, what's more important than your actual age is your level of maturity and discernment. You need to understand not only the benefits of surgery but all the risks involved.

Eric I. Choe, MD, FACS

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for posting your question and your pictures. The type of changes you want for your nose are definitely possible, and would include adding tissue to the bridge of the nose, refining the tip with sutures and possibly grafts, and perhaps reducing the size of the nostrils. This requires an open approach to make sure that everything lines up exactly, and I always recommend that we use your tissue (usually from the rib cartilage) rather than grafts, because the risk of complications or infection is lower.  Best of luck moving forward!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian rhinoplasty in a 15-year-old.

+1

At 15 years of age or nose is fully formed and it will change little. Therefore the bridge is usually augmented and the tip refined to give a more aesthetic look. I do not like foreign materials such as implants in the nose. These can often become infected and need to be removed. Choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who is familiar doing Asian noses for the best result.

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

You are young so I would wait a little before undergoing surgery.  Generally building up the height of the nose as well as refining the nasal tip are common requests from my Asian patients.  I recommend staying away from implants but using tissue from your own body to build up the height of the nose.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Asian rhinoplasty with autologous grafts

+1

For the tip changes you describe, an open rhinoplasty would be the best approach.  Augmenting your dorsum (building up your bridge to make it taller) will also give you a more attractive nose.  I would advise you to stay away from synthetic implants and opt for autologous grafts (using tissue from your own body).  This will give you the safest, most permanent result.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD