What Kind of Revision is Needed for Tummy Tuck Failure Related to Vomiting Post Op?

I had a stomach virus and vomited approx 30 times within the first 48 hrs of my Tummy Tuck. The first 2 days my stomach was flat and has been distended like a toddler's belly ever since. I also developed c-diff by week 3. My ps has examined me from 3wks, 3 months, now I'm 5 months and no change. He says my sutures are intact an he's not sure about how to revise. He said my sutures stayed intact and the muscles pulled away from the sutures, but he isn't sure how to repair it. Any suggestions??

Vomiting after tummy tuck

+1

If vomiting is severe it is possible that you tore the plication sutures holding the muscle together. In order to revise your result, the muscke might have to be sutured again top to bottom. Sounds like a second opinion is in order to sort things out.

Revision is Needed for Tummy Tuck Failure

+1

Kimberly

Whether the sutures stayed intact or not, the fact that the muscles pulled away and are apart is all that matters. 

To fix this, the incisions have to be re-opened and the abdominal muscles must be plicated again. 

Sorry for the awful time you had, but this should be fixable. If your surgeon is unsure, ask for a referral for another opinion.

Or, you can check RealSelf for listings of plastic surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thanks for sharing this problem, and best wishes.