What Kind of Revision is Needed? (photo)

Hi everybody, In aug 2010 I had a rhinoplasty done. After one year my nose deformed into a polly beak nose, so I had another rhinoplasty done. But now, after about 3 years I'm still not satisfied with my nose. And I want to do a revision. What do you guys think is needed to be done? What should I do, because I do not like my tip and I think my nose is to crooked. And also when I laugh or smile my nose gets all pointy. Please give me some good advice. Thank you.

What Kind of Revision is Needed?

+1

I think the result can be improved with cartilage grafting to the dorsum and the tip. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty Revision Questions

+1

I just started answering questions on this site a week or so ago.   It's disappointing to see comments made by various physicians promoting misinformation regarding which specialty should be doing what surgery.  Specialty should be a very general factor in one's choice of surgeon.  The main concern of these patients is that they get a good result -- especially if it's their second or third time around.  Ensuring a good result in this case has nothing to do with specialty or certification and has everything to do with the ability of the individual surgeon to obtain consistently good/excellent results given a particular concern or problem.  

My advice: Look at the various surgeon's web sites to ensure that they do a lot of rhinoplasties and get consistently good results -- then go to one who does computer imaging so that you are both clear of what the goals are this time around.  In your case, you can either make the entire nose larger so that the angles and proportions are more esthetic (presently your nose appears proportionately too long), or you can tip the nose up to a point where, again, the proportions look aesthetic..  The pointy tip can be softened and widened by using a tip graft, which works well with patients who have thicker skin (from the photo you appear to have thicker skin -- but I or any other surgeon would have to examine your nose in person to be more certain that this would be a good recommendation)

Richard Parfitt, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

The best advise is to find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery) who you can discuss your needs with and feels comfortable revising your nose