What Kind of Revision Would I Need?

Had platysmaplasty (sub mental lipo&skin excision from behind ears). Since then I have gained weight so my jowls are a tad bigger, but i still maintain that 90 degree angle. I recall post operatively one band being loose when i turned to right;PS said it must be a loose band. Wrinkles under chin were also noted. When i flex neck muscles, they looked normal, & still do. neck skin is very tight, just under chin isn't.Should skin be excised below tragus?not behind ears?or/& platysmaplasty?thank you

Time for a Consultation

+1

There are a series of issues and concerns which cannot be easily addressed without an in person consultation.  If you have jowls present, a neck lift alone will be insufficient and a facelift may be necessary.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

See your surgeon for options

+1

as you describe many issues.  And if you cannot see your surgeon, find another who can guide you through the options available.  Much of this depends on your goals and expectations.

Curtis Wong, MD

Revision Neck Lift

+1

You are describing a complex set of issues. In order to provide you with meaningful guidance, a physical examination will be necessary.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

What Kind of Revision Would I Need?

+1

Hard to say without photos on this.  Skin can be removed from submental incision as well if appropriate.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Revision of face.

+1

I need to see good pictures taken now after your surgery to be able to advise you on what type of revision is needed. 

Revision

+1

good afternoon!

it is really difficult to comment without an exam or photos, but is sounds like a lot of your laxity is just beneath the chin.  I would consult with a board certified PS with expertise in necklift surgery to find the optimal way to give you the results you are looking for.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD