What Kind of Results Can I Expect for a Rhinoplasty/septoplasty?

I'm a 19 year old male and I've been looking into have a rhinoseptoplasty. My septum is very crooked (You can feel it when you run your finger down the septum) The septum probably is why my nose and nostrils are way too uneven and it really throws off my whole face. Also it is a little too big and long for my liking. I've been wondering what my options are for fixing how crooked nose my nostrils are and what kind of price range I can expect? What type of realistic results can I expect?

Expectations following septorhinoplasty

+3

Based on your photo and your own assessment, it very likely that the majority of your problems are arising from the septum.  The caudal septum is clearly turned off to the right which is not only obstructing the airway but is most likely making your nose look crooked.  We don't have full views, but likely a septorhinoplasty by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon would take care of this.  Patient 55 on my website, drkaram.com, has an example of this.  The hump and nasal shortening can be done at the same time.  I would expect you should get a very nice improvement in both function and aesthetics following the procedure. 

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty/septoplasty results

+2

The rhinoplasty operation can be done to reduce the projection of the tip, remove any hump, narrow the sidewalls, and refine any tip cartilages that may be overly excessive. Septoplasty is performed to improve airflow dynamics through the nose and to straighten the columella when it has been made crooked from trauma. The average price range for a rhinoplasty is $6,000.00 to $7,000.00 which includes the operating room, anesthesia, and the facility fee. Look for a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon such as a facial plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty.

Septorhinoplasty

+2

A rhinoplasty can most definitely address a deviated septum.  Ohter aspects of the nose can be addressed.  The final result appears one year after the procedure. Price varies from surgeon to surgeon and region to region. The average surgeon's fee in my area is around $4,000.00

Dr.ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Realistic Expectations of Septorhinoplasty

+2

Hi,

You are correct that your deviated nasal septum is likely causing your nose to be crooked.  You should consult with a few rhinoplasty surgeons, choosing your surgeon most carefully.  Septorhinoplasty should help you achieve your nasal goals.  The cost will very depending upon the surgeon, but cost should be low on your criteria for choosing your surgeon, as it is a lot more expensive and difficult to correct poorly performed surgery.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Rhinoseptoplasty and Results

+2

Difficult to completely comment on your nose, but from the view you have shown, yes it does appear that you may have some issues with your septum which contributes to the look as well as the functional aspect of your nose. 

You should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to go over your options and what are realistic outcomes.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Results to be expected with a septoplasty / Rhinoplasty

+2

Regarding: " What Kind of Results Can I Expect for a Rhinoplasty/septoplasty?
I'm a 19 year old male and I've been looking into have a rhinoseptoplasty. My septum is very crooked (You can feel it when you run your finger down the septum) The septum probably is why my nose and nostrils are way too uneven and it really throws off my whole face. Also it is a little too big and long for my liking. I've been wondering what my options are for fixing how crooked nose my nostrils are and what kind of price range I can expect? What type of realistic results can I expect
?"

You submitted but one photograph - a Worm's eye view. In the absence of frontal and side views or an examination it would be impossible to give you an accurate advice. The Worm's eye view picture demonstrates a deviation of the nose to your right with a near obstruction of the right airway. I SUSPECT the most anterior part of the septum is buckled door like into the nostril.

A Septoplasty would largely or completely correct the deviation, straighten the nose and make the nostrils more symmetrical. A Rhinoplasty can shorten the nose (simple when a Septoplasty is done) and take down any humps. Nasal tip position can be repositioned as needed.

The cost of the surgery varies very widely depending on your location going higher depending on the local cost of living.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Expectations from Septorhinoplasty

+1

The nasal deviation is obvious in the one picture submitted. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon because a deviated nose is one of the most challenging problems we face in nasal surgery. Consult with several surgeons to see before and after results and establish reasonable expectations. The cost will depend on what is done, but expect the charges to be in the $7000-10,000 range.

Your deviated nasal septum, and long nose may be improved with Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

Your presumption that your septum is deviated is likely correct. This is likely contributing to your asymmetrical nostrils that are seen on the base view of your nose that you posted. This can be corrected, and you can have nasal shortening as well.

You should visit several board-certified rhinoplasty specialists for formal consultations. Computer imaging is helpful for you to see what to expect after your rhinoplasty surgery.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Results from rhinoplasty

+1

Withotu a formal exam it is difficult to say. A 'worm's eye view" does not give enough information.  realistically it would be straighter but may not be perfectly straight after surgery.

Results from septorhinoplasty.

+1

The best way to find out what you can expect is to look at the actual work the surgeon has done. Live patients are best who have had surgery with the surgeon. Before after photos are next best. Imaging is a marketing tool and does not tell you what the surgeon can do!