What kind of results can I expect from rhinoplasty? (photo)

My two biggest concerns are my profile (which projects too much and possibly has bit of a dorsal hump) and my bridge (which is very flat/square and bony). Additionally, I'm wondering if perhaps my tip is a little too wide for my features. It's hard for me to be objective about my nose to determine what it is that makes it appear 'a little off' or less aesthetically pleasing than it could be. Any professional input would be greatly appreciated.

Rhinoplasty

+1
You are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty. Narrowing the tip--- narrowing the width--- improving the profile --will create a much more elegant and refined nose. The dorsal hump is treated with the profile improvement. Your tip is wide for your features and will be addressed with the tip cartilage reduction. Be sure you go to an  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon experienced in Rhinoplasty. Look at his/her before and Afters.

What kind of results can I expect from rhinoplasty?

+1
Best "input" is to ONLY obtain IN PERSON opinions vs over the internet ones. A recommend a full rhinoplasty.. 

What Can Be Achieved With My Rhinoplasty?

+1
There are many positive changes that can be done for your nose including hump removal, tip shortening and narrowing and middle vault expansion to get smoother dorsal lines. Computer imaging would be critical for you to see before surgery so you can not only see what may be possible but also to express what degree of change you can acceptable.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty candidate

+1
 You are an excellent rhinoplasty candidate to refine and feminizing your nose. The procedure would involve shaving down the dorsal hump,de-projecting  nose, removing the Bossa in the tip , straightening the nasal bones and possibly placing spreader grafts in the mid vault area to prevent the hourglass deformity. For many examples of  noses similar to your own, please see the link below to our extensive rhinoplasty photo gallery. Virtual rhinoplasty software is also available  on the length below to give yourself an idea of what your new nose might look like 

Rhinoplasty surgery for nasal hump removal, bulbous tip and narrowed mid nose.

+1
Rhinoplasty surgery for nasal hump removal, bulbous tip and narrowed mid nose in the VERY thin skinned nose can be one of the most challenging noses. It shows every nook and crany! See a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon who is familiar with your type of nose. Soft tissue etc. needs to be placed to soften the appearance.

You are a good candidate for Rhinoplasty

+1
I agree with your self assessment and feel that you are a good candidate for Rhinoplasty, and that you can expect a natural, attractive result in the right hands. Consult with an experienced, board certified surgeon, and definitely have computer imaging as part of the process. Also ask to see typical results in the surgeon's practice.

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

What should you expect after rhinoplasty.

+1
Rhinoplasty can be planned with specific goals and computer imaging or simulation is the best way we know to create a picture of what will work best with your particular features. No doubt you can have a excellent result with less guessing if you can "try things" ahead and learn just what is a little off, and how to correct it.

Rhinoplasty Goals

+1
There are multiple refinements such as removal of a small hump and correction of tip and nasal asymmetry which will provide a natural result. You are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty because you have a strong well defined nose.

Rhinoplasty Tip and Hump

+1
Thank you for being this up- only an in-person exam with a board certified experienced rhinoplasty surgeon can verify what is best. The tip and lower third stand out most and should be addressed with cartilage changes. The hump is mild. Make sure you are comfortable with any plan. Good luck.

David C. Yao, MD, FACS
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1
  Tip deprojection with dorsal refinement and tip refinement will likely produce a result with which you will be very happy.