What Kind of Results Should I Expect with Fraxel Repair?

I am going to be getting an aggressive treatment of Fraxel Repair. The dermatologist said I will need 8 days to hide and recover. I have the type of acne scars that when you stretch the skin they disappear on my cheeks. What type of results do you typically see with this type of laser? Will my scars be unnoticeable, I wear a lot of makeup now and with the right lighting you can not see the scars, but extremely noticeable without makeup and unflattering lighting. Also, I am 50/50 asian/greek.

What to Expect From Fraxel Repair Treatment of Acne Scars

+1

Hi,

Your dermatologist should be the physician whom you get your answers from.  It has been my experience that Fraxel repair is an excellent treatment for acne scarring.  My patients are told that it may take from 1 to 3 treatments for optimal results, and that the results get better after each treatment.  I have one patient who has been treated 6 times and who now loves his skin.  Do not expect for your scars to completely disappear, but there will be improvement.  Make sure that you speak with your treating physician regarding the possibility of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation which is more common in Asian skin.  See the below web reference for further info.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Encino, CA