What Kind of Result Can I Expect if I Undergo Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I have a nonexistent columella, my bridge is very narrow towards the top of my nose (giving it a kind of triangle shape), and I have large, weirdly shaped nostrils (same goes for the sides of my nose). On the top left side of my nose there is some bone which sticks out whereas the right side is flat. I also dislike the thick fleshy part underneath my nostrils (they appear like very dark lines in the pictures). Can all of this be fixed in one go or will I need multiple surgeries?

What Kind of Result Can I Expect if I Undergo Rhinoplasty?

+1

The nose can definitely be improved but some nostril asymmetry is the norm as well as some side to side asymmetry.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty for dorsal projection

+1

Rhinoplasty can achieve many goals such as straightening the nasal bones,  the cartilage in the middle third of the nose, and decrease in the overall projection of the tip and bridge. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available for you to try on our website, so that you can see what your new nose might look like

Rhinoplasty and results

+1

From the photos I can appreciate some of your objectives and these should be achievable through a single surgical procedure.

A well planned rhinoplasty will start with a well informed patient who understands what to expect from the surgery.  The next is a good surgical plan with defined objectives. The third is a technically experienced surgeon who can deliver predictacble results.

In all a rhinoplasty should achieve the patients goals in one procedure, and I think yuors is no different

Jeremy Hunt

Jeremy Hunt, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon