What kind of result can I expect from a revision rhinoplasty?

I am contemplating doing a revision on my nose. The tip is very droopy and my nose is not straight. The size is fine but the shape is not. I also have a deviated septum and trouble breathing.My question is can there be an improvement on my nose and is it worth it?

Contemplating revision rhinoplasty

+2

Revision rhinoplasty can correct breathing issues that may caused by nasal valve collapse or deviated septum, as well as cosmetic concerns that you mention. Consult with an experienced specialist who can perform realistic computer imaging to help you in your decision. Good Luck!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Septoplasty and revision rhinoplasty

+2

A septoplasty involves removal and reshaping of the cartilaginous and bony septum of the internal portion of the nose to improve air flow dynamics. This is performed for medical necessity and is billed to the patient's medical insurance. A revision rhinoplasty would involve shaving down cartilaginous hump on the lower half of the nose, bilateral spreader grafts, and osteotomies to straight the nasal bones, and a columellar-plasty to reduce the columellar show. For many examples, please see the link below

+2

I think that a revision would benefit you. The droopy columella can be fixed. The breathing problem needs to be investigated in regard to middle third of the nose and the septum. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

It is possible to make improvements to the nose with a revision rhinoplasty. I would recommend an in-person consult with a board certified revision rhinoplasty specialist. After having your nose examined, you may be able to obtain a better idea of what improvements are possible with a revision procedure. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Expectations With Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

You have multiple problems following your surgery including collapse of the mid-portion of your nose which will cause breathing obstruction, fullness above your tip, a sagging tip and retraction of the nostril margins which will not improve as healing progresses. A revision will improve all of these issues but only you can decide if more surgery is worth it. Talk to your surgeon or consult with a surgeon who specializes in revision rhinoplasty..

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Whether a revision rhinoplasty is worth it or not depends on your goals. Certainly if your goal is to improve your nasal breathing, revision surgery can be worth it if you are able to breathe easier through your nose afterwards. An in-person consultation is recommended so that the inside and outside of your nose can be thoroughly examined to determine the underlying anatomy that is contributing to the difficulty you are having breathing through your nose. Please consult with a board certified specialist with training in head and neck surgery who can address both the function and esthetics of your nose at the same time and perform 3D computer morphing to allow you to visualize what you may look like after surgery.

Kimberly Lee, MD