What Kind of Procedure Could I Have Done for Swollen Lip That Wont Go Down?

Doctor Answers (3)

Swollen lip

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You need to be assessed by a plastic surgeon or dermatologist to determine the cause of the swelling.  After the diagnosis has been made, treatment can be discussed.

Toronto Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

Swollen lip that won't go down

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

An in person consultation with a dermatologist or plastic surgeon should be done. It will be necessary to see your lip and discuss the history of this swelling before determining what to do. It matters why it's there, how long it's been there, and what is causing it to continue.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD
Las Vegas Dermatologist
4.5 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

Swollen lip procedure

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

An evaluation in person is best to assess you lip. The most important questions are related to the the history, and this may determine the best treatment.

Steven Wallach, MD
Manhattan Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.