What is the procedure like for mole removal? (photo)

I have a mole which is black and almost flat. It's under my lower lip and it makes me insecure. I would like to know what kind of procedure I would go under.

Best procedure for facial mole removal

+1
Depending on their size and location, facial moles can be easily removed by one of two methods. One is a "shave excision" where the mole is actually "shaved off" at a level just below the surface of the skin. The other is an excision with suture closure which uses both dissolving and non-dissolving sutures to give the best cosmetic result. Dermatologic surgeons typically do both procedures expertly and can decide which would be best for your particular mole. All methods of surgery will leave a scar but the trick is to minimize the scar using the proper technique

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Procedure to remove mole below lower lip

+1
Raised moles can be shaved off but flat moles normally would need to be excised.  This is a simple procedure that could be done in a surgeon's office with just local anesthesia.  It would involve having to place some sutures though but the mole could be removed completely.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon