What Kind of Procedure Would I Need to Correct my Neck? (Photos)

I am 38 years old and very thin.I do not like how my neck is looking, I would like it to be defined again. Is this just fat or is it a turkey neck? , would liposuction do the trick or do I need something more drastic? neck lift etc

Your neck looks like it could be from laxity in your muscle and not fat

+2

You could benefit from a neck lift done in a moderate way or a lower face lift that will address the lower part of the face and the neck.  What is happening is your platysma muscle is stretching and coming detached from the deeper structures of your face. Below is an example of a video that helps to answer this question for you to watch and a link to see more informative videos:

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2

NONE!

However, since I must provide RealSelf with at least 100 characters, let me repeat:

You have a lovely neck and do not need an operation.

Spend your money on a weekend in Paris!

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Pelleve Skin Tightening for Neck Laxity

+1

Judging by your photo, you do not appear to need a surgical neck lift nor do you have a "turkey neck" or visible fat. You may have minimal skin laxity. As we age, our skin loses collagen and firmness. I might recommend non-surgical Pellevé Skin Tightening, which I offer to my patients in New York. Pellevé Skin Tightening uses radio-frequency to tighten the skin of the neck and face. Also it boosts collagen production. Pellevé comfortably heats the deep layers of your skin using advanced radiowave technology which stimulates the collagen in your skin to contract and tighten. The result is an overall improvement in skin quality, firmness and tightness you can see and feel in your neck. Performed in under an hour, you see immediate results with continuing results for up to six months. I recommend seeing a certified doctor who give you a proper examination.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Neck lift at age 38

+1

I would not recommend any kind of surgery for you at this point.  Your neck has a nice contour and does not seem to have any issues with excess fat, loose muscle, or sagging skin

Sam Naficy, MD

Neck lift can restore definition of of neck

+1

With regards to the neck, there are 3 components; skin, muscle and fat, that must evaluated for surgical consideration.  To properly redefine the neck and jaw line a neck lift needs to be performed.  This will involve making a 0.75 inch incision underneath the chin and two 0.5 inch incisions behind the ears.  Liposuction is performed at the angle of the jaw line and the subplatysmal fat is removed and the anterior platysmal muscle edges are sewn together to give a nice 90 degree angle of neck.  When excess skin and laxity is present in a patient over age 50, a face/neck lift must be performed.  

What Kind of Procedure Would I Need to Correct my Neck?

+1

I have performed Neck Lifts for over 20 years and at 38, you should start with micro-liposuction of the neck with a localised ellipse of excess skin under the chin.  This is a much less invasive procedure than a formal neck lift which you most likely don't really need at your age.

Can my neck be improved?

+1

Yes, there is some fat beneath the jaw filling out your neck, and yes, office liposuction would remove some of this to better define your neck contour, but because your neck is already delicate, the primary precaution is to apply surgical finesse and well developed professional judgment to absolutely avoid oversuctioning, which would skeletonize your neck for life. 

Steve Laverson, MD

Minimal neck deformity

+1

Certainly, I agree with another physician who said that you should not be hard on yourself and could consider waiting a few years before surgery.  On the other hand, if it bothers you there is no reason it cannot be fixed for you.  A small amount of skin excess requires a minimal neck lift procedure.  Although the skin excess is small, f you tried non surgical options, I think you will be disappointed with the results.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Neck correction: Botox, Laser Lipolysis (SmartLipo)

+1

It appears from the limited photos that there are some early platysmal bands as well as minor skin laxity.  There does not appear to be any excess fat so liposuction is out of the question.  Maintain as much fat in your neck as possible (Fat = Youth).  Botox can soften the muscle bands temporarily.  I have had much success with SmartLipo or Laser Lipolysis in the neck area (not so much in other areas) as it actually tightens the skin by heating it from underneath. Hope that helps.

Lawrence W. Shaw, MD
Arizona Plastic Surgeon

Mini neck lift.

+1
You should not have liposuction since you need the fat for smoothness. A Mini neck lift is the only way to remove the excess skin of your neck. Other procedures won't really do enough.