What Kind of Procedure and How Much Would It Cost for Me to Have Lip Scar Tissue Removed?

I was in a playground accident as a child that left me with stitches in my upper right lip. The scar healed with extra tissue mainly on the inside of my lip. I have always been extremely self conscious of the "bump" (the actual scar doesn't bother me as much as the extra tissue does) and now that I am older am interested in finding out what I can do about it, and approximately how much it would cost to have it fixed. Many thanks!

Hi There,

Here is a link to the average cost of Scar Removal reported by our community members.

Hopefully this helps!

+2

Your upper lip scar has healed well but the extra scar tissue is quite prominent. It is also possible that you healed with a small cyst in your red lip under the scar tissue. Either way, this can be removed with a lip scar revision procedure. This can be performed in the office under local anesthesia like at the dentist's office. Cost is highly variable but would likely fall somewhere between $500-1500. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip scars that are bulky and thick

+1

In my practice, I would focus on the prominence of the bulky lip tissue and the white scar on the mucosa.  Both can be corrected or improved with surgical excision and layered closure. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS