What Kind of Plastic Surgery or Fillers Were Used to Achieve This Actress's Cheeks? (photo)

I love how soft, feminine and natural this actress's cheeks look. She is in her forties and it's clear that she has had some kind of work done. What do you recommend to achieve her cheek look (for sunken cheeks)? Thank you!

Cheek enhancement options

+1

As my colleagues have recommended, cheek enhancement can be achieved with injectable fillers, fat transfer, surgical suspension and/or implants.  However, getting the proper balance and shape must be artistically done.  Beware of excessive volume in the lower face, as gravity has a way of creating jowls, nasolabial folds, and marionette lines.  Seek proper volume placement for the best long term results with an experienced surgeon.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Soft feminine cheeks are best done with silicone implants.

+1

Soft feminine cheeks are best done with silicone implants. It is cheaper and more accurate in the long run. 

What Kind of Plastic Surgery or Fillers Were Used to Achieve This Actress's Cheeks?

+1

I have performed many Cheek Augmentations over the past 25 years using both fillers (I prefer Perlane) and Cheek Implants.  These front "full" cheek shape can be obtained with Perlane injections in about 10 minutes as an office visit.  You may also be a candidate for cheek implants which, of course, provide a permanent augmentation. 

Cheek Augmentation Options

+1

Thank you for your question. There are a variety of options for cheek augmentation, including fillers, fat grafting, and placement of cheek implants. In my practice, I often start with fillers to let patients "try out" the effect before committing to a longer lasting solution. For comprehensive cheek augmentation with fillers, I start with Radiesse (a somewhat thicker filler) for the deep layer, and then add Restylane more superficially and in the undereye area.  Fat grafting has the advantage of being "natural" (it's your own tissue) but does not have a 100% success rate and often must be repeated.  A more permanent solution is placement of silastic (silicone based plastic) implants.  This is done through an incision in the mouth, without external scars.  Best of luck moving forward!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek augmentation for sunken cheeks

+1

Temporary augmentation of the cheek area can be performed with fillers, however  a permanent and predictable solution is to augment the cheek area with Silastic  cheek implants.   Cheek implants come in a variety of sizes and shapes including sub-mental or sub-malar, and can be placed in different  areas of the cheek which will depend upon the patient's pre-existing anatomy. Please see the link below for examples of what the implants look like and  our cheek implant photo gallery

There are many options for cheek enhancement

+1

It is hard to say exactly which product was used in those photographs.  True comparisons are difficult because she is not smiling in the "before" photo and she has varying degrees of smile in all of the after photos.

In broad terms, there are many products which can be used to augment the cheeks:  HA fillers like Restylane and Juvederm work well.  A new HA filler called Voluma will be available soon. Radiesse is a a filler made from calcium hydroxyapetite.  These fillers work immediately.  Their duration of action depends on your metabolism and the exact product.  Sculptra is a nice product which gives results lasting up to 2 years but takes a while to work since it helps your body build up its own collagen.  Fat transfer and cheek implants are also options for cheek enhancement.  

There is not a one size fits all solution as it depends on your individual face.  Seek consultation with local (facial) plastic surgeon to be able to discuss all your options.  If you want to avoid surgical procedures, a qualified cosmetic dermatologist can perform all the injectable treatments for you.  Best wishes. 

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon